6.07.2022

Watercoloring wet in wet blending

 Hi, this week its my turn to host the watercoloring on wednesday challenge at Splitcoaststampers and I have chosen this cool video from Sandy Allnock where she lets the wet paints bleed into themselves to mix some cool neutrals. You can see the video here on YouTube. I stopped in my tracks seeing the wood on the Porch done this way. I have never colored any of my porch stamps, they all have a lot of wood on them ha ha. So to start with this I decided to poke around in my stamps with wood fence boards to see if I could pull it off, and I picked this fenced in snow from Peddlers Pack as I am way way behind on the getting Christmas/Winter cards done early wagon this year.

I stamped it with some Versafine on Arches hot press cotton wc paper.

A look at the first layer of paint while still damp. and I walked away with it like this.


A closer look at the finished piece, I did add a little more paint to the spaces between the boards for shadows and under the noses and hand here for shadows. 

I diecut that painted panel with a blanket stitched die from Pinkfresh studio's set. this card is A6 in real life with the base being that deep Stardream shimmer that is nearly navy and very sparkly in person. The sentiment here is from the Mama Elephant Holiday Messages set. You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us, Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: