6.17.2022

Inspired by {Darya Karenski}

 It's my turn to host the Inspiration challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week and I have chosen Darya Karenski's pinterest boards seen here.  She also has a website seen here

One thing that got me thinking when I was looking at her boards is, A I always need more Christmas cards and B I have been stock piling scraps again so, When I seen this pin with fabric strips it made me think I could do that with scraps of papers for a quick card. Wanting this to be a "quick" card I dug though the bin of already colored images I have done in the past, Fished out this cute "spring" gnome with a bird and decided he could be a "Natural Christmas" card easily, and then fished out some neutral scraps like so. Which of course means my inspired by card does not look a bit like the inspiration as far as colors and patterns go.


 I used everything here except the cream crinkled shimmery texture. ( it was a tad too small to be a mat i the design) This gnome is from the Simon Says Stamp Spring Gnomes set and that sentiment is from their Joy For you set. 

I diecut the Gnome panel with a Penny Black Zig Zag stackers die, the sentiment was cut with a stitched circle ( probably Memory box) the inside the sentiment is from the Ton's blizzard hugs set diecut with an oval die on one of the other scraps. The Basic grey scrap ( the ones with the snowflakes in the top shot) was flipped over to show off the greenish side and diecut with a lots of squares die from the Paper Rose. 


I decided to rough up the edges of the kraft mat under the painted panel and did embed lots of squares die frame back into its drop piece. This one finished out at 5 1/2" square in real life. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.





No comments: