6.02.2021

WOYWW #626 {Tulips}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

what it looks like still on Wed am. I really should clean up when I get home today but, Tuesday was a record setting heat day here and today will be more of the same. So, while the mind is willing the body melts. I will say however I am not feeling the heat as badly as when the metal siding was on the back side of the garage so, it is getting better but, we've been distracted by the dragging hoses around to water daily & watching the clock. 

we have zero irrigation water this year from snow pack run offs that would normally be stored in the lake for irrigation purposes. there was just not enough of it added to the previously dry years the ground soaked up a whole bunch of what has dropped this year so, the in ground sprinklers we have here are on 2" lines for using an irrigation pump to push it and there is not enough pressure with you know your household city line to use those sprinklers so. we are dragging hoses. and giving things just minimal amounts of water. 

So monday I had some free time in the afternoon and tried to follow along with last week's watercolor challenge/tutorial ( link goes to SCS where an youtube video is embedded) and I tried the sketching the tulips first and painting them and really that did not go well at all. one has not hit the bin yet and is seen off to the right on the other Misti. So, I finally dug out this old Club Scrap stamp and painted it instead. the stamp has splatters so, I add libbed a few more.

Used those Mungyo paints and the sentiment is from My Favorite Things. The tiny photocorners are die cuts from an old green original Sizzix die. On my desk you can see one of those Misti's has the tulips in it and the other has the sentiment. I really am going to go pick things up now and will peek in later. Thanks for stopping by & stay safe out there.


8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

I do hope there is rain soon Stacy so you are not having to use the hoses as much. Such a pretty card. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #14 (I had a lie in for the holidays).

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, I have to be honest I've been out Lol! We have a friend who is going into hospital soon and our little group of retired teachers just wanted to wish her all the best so we sat and had coffee but I'm back now. No need to clean up, I like it just as it is. One minute we have loads of rain and the next nothing, hope things improve soon. Wishing you a very happy woyww and a lovely week too. Angela x13x

Helen said...

those tulips look just fab! hope you get some rain soon so you can put the hoses away! Have a good week. Helen #1

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely delicate watercolour, the photo corners really do set it off beautifully. I do hope there will be rain for you soon so you will get a break from watering and be able to spend extra time in your crafty space.
Happy WoywW Tracey #5

Julia Dunnit said...

It’s extremes isn’t it, too much snow and then water or too much heat. Blimey. I live by a saying I heard on tv here last summer when there wasn’t enough water to waste....’a teacupful a day is better than a bucket full a week’. It should amount to the same amount of water, but actually, it didn’t and the garden thrived and we used less water and it wasn’t so tiresome in terms of time. Although I have no cure for having to drag the hoses around....! Your desk looks good to me, such a nice card and hey, ad lib with the spatters - I’m gonna copy that for a bit of abandon too!

Susan Renshaw said...

Beautifil tulip card - one of my favourite flowers!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #17

Shoshi said...

What a lovely card, Stacy. I love how the tulips show a progression of getting more open! So pretty. Ours in the garden are over now, which is a pity - they are such beautiful flowers.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #11

Spyder said...

Love the tulips, lovely card. Your desk looks very busy!
Happy Very Late last weeks woyww ((Lyn)) #19