6.12.2021

Inspired by {MaryAnn Rizzo}

 This week the inspiration is taking a look at MaryAnn Rizzo's collection of pins at Pinterest. And a while back I had saved a bunch of pins for something to be my sample and then on Wednesday I came to work and found an email from my insurance agent that he needed a wedding card ( for today) that would be for a couple who are big into Rodeo, horses in general and are cattle ranchers. ( So, he was hoping for horses on the card) and the day after that there was a second email that he wanted it to say "getting hitched" ( I do not own any sentiments like that and the only horse stamp I have with two adult horses peeking over a fence are wearing Santa hats So...) I took another look around her collection of pins and found this Sonoma Wedding shot and thought ah ha, I have this Stamps Happen love is a circle stamp and the couple is in a horse drawn carriage... Which was stamped with some Versafine clair nocturn ink on Solar white Cardstock.

So, I colored this mainly with pencils and added a little gel pen and pit pens to the flower beds, and used a black sharpie pen on a few spots and the sentiment over the circle. and I thought well, I am not going to finish the inside and let him pick a sentiment for that. so I stamped off these ones ( seen below)

and framed them with scallops from the drop piece of the fog grey card and thought OK he can pick one to glue on the inside. The printed wood grain is from Kaiserkraft. the two sentiments on the far left are both Penny Black, and the one in the center is from visible image.

As I had used the largest square in the Lots of Squares die set from paper roses, the Congratulations is a really old one from Hero Arts and was cut with the smallest die in the waffle flower mini slimline rectangles set. And this one is 6" square in real life. So, after all that. he ended up choosing this black and white card here from last January. You just have to laugh right? (because, I hedged my bets and took the handful of Wedding cards I had on hand to work and left them all there together for him to decide and my secretary said he was really happy with the card he chose. You can find this challenge here at SplitcoastStampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.
 





No comments: