6.16.2021

WOYWW #628 { Stamps & Xray flowers}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

 Last week the Watercolorwednesday was to follow along with some Xray-ish transparent flowers using paynes grey. that link should go to you tube.


After about 6 days I gave up on the round petal in the front and tried doing some longer skinnier daisy type petals instead and finally came up with one that was a little more like what I would have hoped for. So I add libbed some stardust gelly roll pen sparkle on the stamens and added faux stitching to the wc panel. and this is a funny 5" x 6" card.

So, this is a funny / sweet thing, when I find stamps on eBay, I email the auction link to hubs and he buys them because, eBay does not want to accept that the emails I have 2 out of 3 have my screen name in them, and since they split with PayPal its even worse so. I did not even look at that site for years and years but, hubs does not have a problem using gift cards to pay for purchases from them but, it irritates me so. all those stamps that you have seen come across my desk, he finalized the orders for me. 

and recently I had received a couple of the American Art stamps Emerson line and then maybe his eBay shows him ads? and he came across this one and laughed and bought it as a surprise and it came in the mail on Monday night. 

(oh, that is a better view of the paint water brush holder my friend Margaret who is a potter that sells in local places here made for me, this is what started the marathon of xray flowers, I wanted her thank you card to be painted...) 

This is my desk this morning, well last night but, it looks the same this morning. (totally staged) I ended up making a card from one of those wild field of lavender panels I painted a while back for Margaret, and I did not photograph it. And then happy mail came Tuesday night after work. the top 4 are ones that the seller has a buy three get one free deal. ( I wanted the back side of the cat and the mom and baby and the Celtic knot. So the balcony piece was a gamble. I am hoping to tuck some the sitting people stamps I have behind it but, its on the small side so, we shall see.) the other three came in as a second surprise from hubs, because he bought the Christmas stamp eBay showed him the other "passionate" stamp and he laughed and bought it too. :) That's about it from me, stay safe out there & thanks for stopping by. 


PS about the ebay/paypal thing. it hinges on screen names... if your email has a screen name in it, ebay rejects it. So, for me my paypal uses an email that has a screen name in it, which is the same screen name I have at ebay. so, it will only accept payments from me via a "gift card" and their gift cards are not like Amazon ones where you can redeem them and let them sit in your account until needed. They assign the card to you and its a pita. and the money stays on the card. so, depending on how much you had spent you may have to use multiple cards with varying amounts to pay for the purchase. and its possible to have a stack of left over cards with tiny amounts of funds left on them.



10 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

How lovely of your husband to buy you surprises. I didn’t know eBay had split form Pay Pal. - obviously don’t use EBay much. Happy WOYWW Angela #18

Helen said...

I've never used eBay but at least your hubby can do your shopping for you!! Love your painted flowers. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The flowers are gorgeous and so stylish. We used to use Ebay quite a lot but mainly to sell things but I'm sure we can still use Paypal here in the UK. Your hubby is very understanding to buy the craft stuff for you and extras too. lucky you. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love that surprise stamp your husband surprised you with. I've never used e-Bay, but I got a Paypal account years ago before the two companies merged. Imagine my surprise they are no longer together.

I am in awe of all those flowers you painted over six days. I can barely imagine the dedication until you found one you liked. They are all lovely, byt the one you used on the card look the best, I think. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

Sarah Brennan said...

I use PayPal to pay on ebay but don't sign in and use eBay as a guest. Still seems to work in the UK. Love the daisy card Stacy - so clean and simple and very effective. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The watercolour is so delicate Stacy it all looks beautiful to me, paynes grey is a real workhorse in my watercolours. Your new goodies look fab but so annoying when things change regarding payments etc.. but at least you got them. Happy WoywW enjoy your crafty time Hugs Tracey #9 x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ooooooh Stacey, I LOVE those transparent flowers!! I’m going to have to have a closer look at that tutorial, thanks for linking it. I could live with that card in a frame on my wall, its very elegant and I like the fact that you put your own spin on it! Paypal and eBay will be changing in the UK, new sellers can’t link to Paypal anymore, which is a pain. Enjoy your new stamps!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

R's Rue said...

I love your card. Very pretty. Have a beautiful day. Many blessings.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that surprise stamp!
Also those x-rayish flowers are lovely!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #12

Shoshi said...

I think I've fallen in love with those transparent flowers, Stacy. I've been watching the YouTube video you linked to. Definitely one to try. The card you made is beautiful. This is a very serene, minimalist look that would do for so many occasions but what springs to mind first is how lovely it would be for a bereavement card.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #8