12.26.2020

Inspired by {a collection of Doors}

                                     Hope you are all having a really good Christmas Weekend! 


Recently there was a free gift with purchase at Simon Says Stamp offer for this Tim Holtz Feathered Cardinal die, (so, you betcha I jumped at that and made a purchase ASAP to receive one ;) ) and then it came and I started cutting different colors of cardstock trying to figure it out. (in case you are wondering, we do not have this particular bird on the west coast so, I have never seen one in real life yet) and the packaging it looked a little like red & green to me, and I dismissed that right off the bat but, thought red & grey might work and then progressively ended up with the one in the lower left corner which is the one on the card below.

I did add some Distress Oxide Barn Door, Candied Apple, Black Soot, to the diecut pieces and added a drop of Nuvo Carmel Cream for the eye.

The branch is a Poppy Stamps pine twig diecut that was cut from some left over watercolor paper that had green splatters on it and then I added some rustic wilderness and iced spruce to it and the My Favorite Things framed diecut also. The white texture is Snow Tex. This sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Joy for You set stamped with some brown Versafine and die cut with a Nellie Snellen oval die. The middle mat is a piece of recollections distressed green wood printed paper that I chose because, I had found this green door here seen on pinterest for the Inspiration destination this week chosen by Amy and then it was a little small on my A7 Base so, I added a second mat of some old Basic Grey print. You can find this Inspiration challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us and I am also cross linking this to the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge to celebrate (found here ) Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: