12.02.2020

A few Christmas Cards

 

Memory Box Silverdale diecut watercolored paired with a Essentials by Ellen Tis the season sentiments.

This is a single Magenta stamp (very old) that was colored with some pencils and gel pens.for a recent color combo challenge at SCS. There is no sentiment on it.

Just something silly from Tim Holtz snarky cats line.

Recently the featured stamper was one of the newest dirty girls, And I really loved ever single detail in this beauty by Melissa and tried to do a version of it.
The slimline Lets get merry from Unity Stamps was something I seen somewhere maybe during a recent coffee hop, maybe during fallidays so, when I placed an order with them during their big sale in November this has been the first stamp colored up from that haul. The sentiment here is from Hero Arts 2020 Oct. kit.

last week the watercolor wednesday challenge was to watercolor a snowman card after watching a how-to youtube video. and so I did. ( someone should pinch me) I really enjoyed this.

This sentiment here is from the Ornamental pines set from Stamping up and the diecuts are Memory Box Reds & greens watercolored.

Now this little holly stamp was also in the big box of old Magenta Christmas stamps found on ebay last month and it was stamped 4 times on some scrap of PTI aqua cardstock and I added some red glitter glue thinking I was going to use these on tags but, when I cut them out and started pushing them around I thought they didn't look half bad as a window type block so, that's what happened here. 


 Now this the mix challenge last week was to do a Christmas card with non traditional colors so the Colorado Craft co. slimline poinsettias were stamped direct to the woodgrain print with purple versafine and then again on some strathmore wateroclor paper. ( I cut these out with scissors) and the sparkle is from some gelly roll pen, nuvo drops and there is a bit of polychromos & prisma pencils as shading.


 tried to catch the sparkle but, it was not happening.

This diecut has been on the table for a year. yeah, you read that right and I kept putting it on things and lifting it off every so often and one day I thought what if you traced around with some white to POP the detailing a little. ( sentiment is from SU)

There was a ways to use it challenge for including lots of dots. So this little gal is from the Trinity Stamps line and the sentiment is from The my favorite things coffee break set.

a closer look at the coloring.

this was just a messing around card, the Hero Arts circle of snowflakes was heat embossed directly to the card front and then the Sizzix & spellbinders diecuts were just layered over it. there is a bit of nuvo simply white dropped along the diecuts for a little more texture. the sentiment here is from Mama Elephants holiday messages set.

There was a Free for all to do a funny Christmas card. and I had this misletoe already watercolored on the table and thought this sentiment would play well with it.

Decided this one was even funnier but, did not put it in the gallery for that challenge. The gnome Santa is from Photoplay and the sentiment is from Riley & Co.

Now this, is a story. I have a lady who was one of th efirst people who drives you know 30 some odd miles to attend the craft fair where I have a booth at the school ( years ago) she was one of the first people who bought several bags of cards after lingering over the display for a long time and we talked about cards a bit, and every year she comes by and does it again. and she is retired from playing the Cello in an orchestra and every so often she would say do you have a cello stamp. (and I did not) but, I found this old Penny Black one on ebay last year and colored this up for her. ( she is going to frame it)

recently the Inspiration challenge went to the traditions store where I found a girl hugging a reindeer that made me think of this stamp. and then when I went back to cross link them when the challenge went live I could not find it again but, I found this one that was close... and I just used this link but, seeing the girl giving love to the reindeer I knew I had this silly sentiment about puppies and decided it would work. quite a few of the Christmas cards I sell tend to be on the silly side.
These were done because, I had recently colored one of these trees for a tag making challenge and I had cut 4 trees actually and only made one card. so, I received the Simon Says Stamp Joyful season stamps in the dec. card kit and I just love this so, I really wanted to just let the sentiment shine and kept them simple. I did add some nuvo drops to the tree line like snow.

Just something silly, the cats from Tim Holtz snarky cat line and the sentiment is from Riley & co.

another Photoplay santa with a Hero Arts Oct 2020 kit sentiment.

Unity Stamps lets get merry and Oct 2020 Hero Arts kit. in a 4X9 slimline with just tracing the petals with a pencil. I like the watercolored petals version better actually.

This is an old stamp from Stamps Happen colored with some pencils and a gellyroll pen for shimmer.

This is an old PSX stamp that I found on ebay last spring with another old Christmas stamp, I just love coloring these so its fun when you can find a new one to add to the stash of things to color. ( I still have never colored in any of the coloring books I have for adults.) funny eh. Hero Arts sentiment ( 2020 Oct kit)
now this I really thought the star kind of looked like carved old wood when it was done, I may do some more of these. its a Sizzix primitive star die that comes with an embossing folder done with cream paper and a kraft ish colored tombo marker. The sentiment is from Mama Elephants Merry Christmas wishes set.
Ooh I fell deeply off the cliff when Anita Jerams art became stamps through Colorado Craft Co. this fall, ( I have picked up just about every.single.set) and this is the first one that has been colored so far. Its paired with a My Favorite Things Sassy Pants holiday sentiment because, it just made me laugh. I cannot remember who makes that either die or punch for the photocorners. ( they are one of the first things I ever cut up scraps with and I have tiny baggies of them in the color embellishment boxes but, not once did I ever write on a bag what tool made them ha ha) And that's about it from me for now, I do have more cards I want to do and tags to share but, there is just not enough time in the day kwim? Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow! Stacy that is one great collection of cards. Wishing you a happy weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx