12.09.2020

WOYWW #601 {messy background with loot on the side}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
This is what I came home to on Tuesday after work shot. I had started messing around with the technique lovers challenge on monday night that is ( link goes to the tutorial) Layered Gesso backgrounds. and I had to walk away and let them dry as this sheet started to get a hole in it before I quit on Monday night ha ha.

So, this is where things stood on monday night when I went to bed. the snowflake one will need lots more layers I think. the other smaller sheets are some Strathmore canvas paper that has a layer of gesso/acrylic paint on it as I had extra when I was done covering the mixed media paper sheets. 

On Tuesday after work I did end up finishing these into simple cards leaving the background alone. Every time I do this I think to my self it would be great to have more color choices or what not but, the whole opening the pots and finding them dry thing gets old over the years. I am going to try actual modeling paste next I think. ( instead of the fancy colored pastes by the paper crafting lines for smooshing through stencils) the hope is that if I get a small jar maybe I can use it up before it becomes a rock. The TH holly stems were cut from watercolor paper a while ago and have watercolors on them. the sentiments are a pre printed strip from SSS and a sticker from TH.

Last weekend I did receive this happy mail from Kat Scrappiness in Washington as they were one of the super sponsors from the recent coffee lovers blog hop where I won a gift card to the store and it took me a while to narrow down what I wanted to play with. So, that is about it from me. Hopefully someday we will have real internet at home and I will try to do the zoom play along next time that happens. I hope you are all continuing to do well and thanks for stopping by.
 

10 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Your cards are awesome! Very CAS!

I add color to my modeling paste. I refuse to continue spending money on things that I can make and customize to my use. I did that this year for my Christmas cards and I was able to get a great result!

Great haul from your gift card purchases! Congrats on your win!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, #31

Helen said...

I colour paste as well. love the cards and what a great prize! Happy WoyWW Helen #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, lots of lovely new stash there! You’re going to have a grand time playing with all that - the page with the snowflakes on is fantastic!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Felicia said...

Stacy, I LOVE your cards!! Simple is better sometimes! I think everything pulled together nicely and it all works!! Sometimes when I fuss too much, I end up wishing I hadn't done all that and left it alone! I think it's in our nature! LOLOL Oh your stash is great and I LOVE the gnomes!! You will have lots of fun craft time with that stash! Blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia, #29

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also LOVE your cards, Stacy. Seems they are so creative and that's why I don't make cards. I also have had pastes dry on me. TH paste was the worst. It was dry when I got it home from the store, which refused to take it back.

I love your winning gifts. The stamp with the boobs had me rolling. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving your cards Stacy. I saw someone else using the holly stalk and have just ordered it and seeing you use it like that makes me even more pleased I will be getting it. Have a lovely woyww, Angela x19x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, liking the backgrounds a lot! I've coloured modelling paste/stencil paste, and it does work well. One important point,as the paste is white, you need to allow for how that will affect the colouring process, and you need to add reinker as close to the colour you want to achieve as possible, so you don't need to add too much liquid, or the paste will get too thin & runny. You can guess how I figured that out! Stay safe, have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #12. x

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the cards Stacy. You chose very well with your gift card win too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Spyder said...

Ooh you have the gnomes and the houses! Been on my wish list for ages. Cards look great, done a lot of mine but still have a few to go. Have a great WOYWW week, Stay Safe. ((Lyn)) #15

Shoshi said...

What gorgeous cards, Stacy. Your backgrounds are just great. I use Polyfilla for modelling paste - much cheaper! I have coloured it on occasion but usually just use it as-is, and then colour it afterwards.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18