12.17.2020

It's beginning to look like

 

I seen something somewhere, danged if I can find it again. but, there is someone out there who made kraft tags with this die and sheet music as the base of the tag, they had a lot of red and white and layers of diecuts and maybe fluffy snow and the colors grabbed my attention so, this was the beginning. The sheet music stamp is the background one from Stampin up using some versafine tulip red ink. I started cutting piles of foliage with strathmore watercolor paper, neenah solar white, some red scrap & PTI vellum cardstock from the Sizzix winter leaves set ( the vellum one with red stickles berries on the right), Concord & 9th stocking stuffers set ( pine sprig), Spellbinders Shapeabilies Joy ( tiny pine red sprigs), Impression Obsessions twig wreath has a pine sprig &  The tiny poinsettias are from the spellbinders holly frame set.

and it grew to this. the tag die is from Papertrey ink tag sale #4, the flowers are cut from watercolor paper as I had intended to color them red but, ended up changing my mind. I find it really hard to make nearly duplicate things so, these gift tags or gift card holders that go to work are on one hand interesting to do and a thing I find hard so, when there are so many after a while I start doing a little less to the pile so that I can actually finish them lol these photos were shot over a series of days actually. 

which morphed into this. The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Joy for you set stamped with some tulip red versafine and cut with a memory box stitched circle die. The ribbon is simple red grossgrain tied off with some natural hemp string as I have never been able to tie grosgrain and have it look good after I was excited to use up what I had of it. ( its the little things you know) :)

and finished like so for the work Christmas gift card holders going out with the payroll tomorrow, these were glued to white pocket things from paper accents. ( the pockets were big enough to hold gift cards they way they sell them now in all that excess cardboard) The name tag dies are from an old retired Justrite set that Spellbinders made for them called nested frame dies set. I just wrote on the kraft card with a white gel pen. There are some bisque liquid pearls inside the poinsettia diecuts. I cannot believe next week is Christmas, most of my Cards are sitting here waiting for me to address them and such. I do not know why I find that to be the hardest part, it would probably be easier if I made a big batch of very similar cards and there was not such hemming and hawing about who should receive which. That's my usual anyways since I make mostly one of a kind cards, its hard to decide and I put it off as long as possible. hope you are continuing to stay healthy & thanks for stopping by.

No comments: