11.30.2013

Some Personal Tags


the view early Friday am... nope did not go black friday shopping but, did go through Dutch Brothers on the way to drop off my truck at the ford dealers. ( hubs made an appointment for it to get an updated navigation system installed and they only halfway got it in ) but, these were started on Thanksgiving night and had to drip dry the stickles... these went onto the altered boxes but, there are two of each name so the others will go on packages later. 


a closer look, and yep, you can click on these to enlarge them. 


so as it happens a few years back I had made some "personal" tags for my family to re-use. they have alphabets on them J, S, T for Christmas packages... and I had made 3 with an S on it, and every year I get grief about there not being enough S tags... so, I started out doing that... the bird is chipboard and stained with distress stain ( as was the tag) which was then run through an sizzix embossing folder. the letter S is an actual wooden disc like a vintage bingo chip but, some scrapping thing I've had for years.


had colored this wreath recently and cut it out and thought OK this can work as a tag too I guess. 


I still have a little pile of these painted letters I stamped and cut out years ago, so once I had a couple of S tags I got bored with that and went back to making J & T tags lol. this one the letter was run through an sizzix basic grey folder. the tag was stained with distress ink. the sentiment ( quickly becoming a new favorite) is from Unity Stamps. 


all of these die cuts were from the drawer. the name plate is a story though, you remember those chatterbox premade tags that were on QVC years and years ago? ( doesn't matter) but, I bought them and was fairly disappointed that the printing was not perfect as the die cutting so as I was staining tags the other day I realized the back sides of these things are just plain non coated cs... lol flipped some over and gave them a coat of antique linen stain, so now there is hope these will actually get used. 


The ornament is from the spellbinders hanging holiday tags die set, the flower is an blingy sticker thing. ( have a sheet of them will have to look up the mfg. info. later. 


now the A's kinda HUGE so, decided to see how it looked without a tag behind it. 


think it does not look too bad. this is actually kraft colored paper and that ribbon is red and cream but, shot this one on auto since it was in a dark corner of the room with no lights... one thing is wrapped... guess we should work on putting up the tree next. haha. 


I've had this snowflake for years off of something Alice gave me, been waiting to recycle it for years. I added some antique linen distress acrylic paint to the top with this Tim Holtz button June gave me that I have been hoarding too. so, I think maybe I can get into this making S tags if I use up stuff I have been hanging onto just because, I like how it looks... 


cool stuff eh? 


the wood shape is a camera body ( retro) with an T bead in it. 


for one of J's female friends. 


hee hee found these GI brads in the eyelet outlet site. fun stuff. 


these rhinestones were little boogers to attach had to wad up the micro sized glue dots to make them small enough to tuck behind them. 


another one for me, the birdhose was stained first then later sprayed with walnut ink. there is raffia poking through the nesting hole and the felt poinsettia is from MM. the letter charm is unknown. made the tag shape by hand from a piece that I ran through the cuttlebug chicken wire folder. 

have a couple non personalized tags will post them tomorrow. 

No comments: