10.23.2019

WOYWW #542 {shopping & cleaned}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 So, sometime on Sunday afternoon when I finished making a Featured Stamper case card I was struck by how much of a mess I had going on making a pile of things for the booth last week. ( results are seen in this post, its long and photo heavy) So, I started cleaning, I mean for real. I still have the things going on that have been there but, all the extra clutter was picked up and put away. I had piles in the top of the stamp boxes in the closet because there was no flat surface space left, and even that was cleaned up. This continued until late Monday night. So Tuesday brought some happy mail and I brought it up the stairs and spread it out without the plastic wrappers for your viewing pleasure.

Off to the right is something slightly different my usual before I started cutting things was that bottom corner basket that you see with the tall large scraps in it, it normally holds all those baggies of things previously diecut in plastic envelopes and then there is a towel over that and the scraps usually lay flat on it, so I have to you know pick up the pile with the towel and hope it does not slide on the floor every time I wanted in it, and then I had a smaller container on the table next to the tags and sentiment with some of it. and then I got bored with the moving everything and having about half of it on display.  ( I make more of things of what ever is in front of me that I can see.)  So, I found a bigger bucket moved all the decorations to it, dumped the scraps into the decorations basket and then scooped up all the ribbons that are on open spools or I have been using lately into one other basket.
( its easier to move them that way.) there are still a few spools of hemp string and a couple of scraps of ribbon in the thing behind that but, the hemp string is always that close at hand so, this is OK.
I think, I have not made anything as of yet since I cleaned. there is something about that clean space that makes it harder to just jump in and create to me.
So, we lost the veggie garden to freezing temperatures in September about the only thing left is there is still some lettuce inside the greenhouse and the Brussels sprouts and cabbage outside of it. ( they are ok in the cold) this was shot standing behind the garage looking south. ( you can walk all the way around the house without fences in our yard and it's cross fenced at west of this where the barn is. So the whole property is about 2 1/2 acres and the house /yard/garden is about 1/2 of an acre.
you can imagine how much time it takes to weed it all ha ha.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Caro said...

Lovely looking desk and I like those baskets looking all organised. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#6)

Julia Dunnit said...

Love the story about the towel and the balancing....funny how we do these things to ourselves and then have a moment of clarity! And then look where it took you, a huge spree of cleaning and our room is blooming perfect! Blimey, I’d have to have a day or two off too, just to get over the tidy...but for my sake - jump back in wont you?! Love the shot of your ‘yard’..my word you have a lot of commitments dont you.

Helen said...

Great desk, love the goodies! Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I don't normally have a tidy desk but the thought of it makes me happy though when I have done it I can't find half the stuff I want to use but hoping that will get better when the new cabin is ready. Interesting collection of goodies too. Wishing you a very happy though rather late woyww, Angela x13x

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a nice and tidy desk! Happy WOYWW. You have a huge garden, a lot of work I know.

Sarah Brennan said...

Hopefully the weeds will freeze along with everything else Stacy. Nice tidying job, sometimes it just has to be done. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, lovely garden shot. Great job with the tidying! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Stacy some lovely new stash there, well done in cleaning before it arrived ... you’re better man than I Gunga Din!
Love the yard even those garden is lost a lovely space.
Knew all about weeding!
Happy belated WOYWW.
Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x #20

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}