10.09.2019

WOYWW # 540 {paperscraps}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
So, during the weekend I had the bright idea to look for a piece of paper I "know" I have, I flipped through every 6" pad of Christmas paper I have left in the pads and then I started going through the hanging file scrap folders that were sorted loosley by color. I did not find it, but, I straightened and weeded some of the colors out. and I decided these pieces were too small to go back in the folder and that I would start chopping them up in my spare time. yeah, so that was sunday, so I kept moving this pile from the big shot to the paper trimmer to use each thing and so on. (after these shots I found an empty project case and scooped these papers into that) ( it makes it much easier to shift the pile lol)

 So, monday the mail brought some new this years Christmas papers. ( its a weakness) I have so much I do not fall for everything that comes out anymore but, these were ordered on line and I do like them in person too.
I never found that paper I was hunting for but, I did find one that looked sorta like something else that is coming in this weeks inspiration site and after wasting so much time I just went with idea number two.
Last week I showed you what was under construction for wedding cards and they finished out and can be seen here.

In the middle of all that I did this one for this week's featured stamper Kari as I loved this card of hers and changes are instead of a chalked and glittery frame I mounted it to a glitter base and made it cas and changed the stamps.

Izzy had her stitches snipped on Monday this week and she is perfectly fine. ( she was spayed two Friday's ago) and will get to go along for upland game bird hunting for this first time this coming Saturday. That's about it from me, I had pulled a muscle in my lower back Sunday emptying the last pot of lavender I had on the front porch ( I plant them in the flower beds in the fall) and so, today is the first day I am moving a little more normally and now the mess is itching me to clean it up haha. thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Neet said...

Hope Izzy is well on the way to enjoying the next of her nine lives.
Make sure you get your back sorted - mine is incurable now after ten months and would hate you to go through this pain.
Lovely Thanksgiving card - what a gorgeous gold you have used for the leaves.
Christmas papers? I don't think I have seen so much on one worktop - what a shame you did not find the one you want - you will, just a day or two too late!
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's ok, I have a thing for Christmas fabrics but am not buying anymore until I've used up what I've already got! Your new papers do look lovely though, it'll be good to see how you use them. Glad Izzy's ok, she'll be bounding onto new adventures from now on!
HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

Helen said...

I wasn't going to buy any more Christmas anything... then saw the new Paperartsy stamps... and the rest, as they say, is history. sorry you didn't find the piece of paper you wanted but glad you got some sorting done! Have a fab week Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, I'm loving your desk it makes me feel right at home and searching for that paper that's me too well searching for all sorts of stuff actually but hoping it will stop once I move into the new studio. Nice card you've made it's so stylish. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela X14X

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, oh that does annoy me when I know I have something but can't find it! But I do frequently find lots of things that I had forgotten about, so can't complain too much! Glad to hear your pulled muscle is on the mend! Have a lovely week Heather xx #28

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh yes, I feel right at home seeing your pile of papers Stacy, i'm always amazed how fast we can make a mess and how long it takes to tidy it all back up again. You will find that paper when your are not looking for it for sure.
That's a lovely Thanksgiving card. Glad to hear Izzy is doing well after having her stitches out, they recover so quickly when younger.
Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey #11

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad your back is feeling a bit better. Wow you certainly have lots of papers Stacy. Hope you find the piece you were looking for soon. Good that Izzy's stitches are out now. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #4

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Sorry I'm late. I confess your post this week has made me smile so much!! Oh, how I understand your dilemma. I frequently "know" that I have a particular paper or whatever... but finding it... not always so successful!
Hope your back enables you to get really sorted and tidy for your next project.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I'm trying to be very good and avoid buying Christmas Paper Pads, I seem to have far too much already! I do love the look of those you bought though. The card is so pretty, love it. Have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #7 X

Caro said...

I havent yet given in and bought Christmas papers, but may cave! Love the pile of scraps in the process of being sorted. Isnt it frustrating to go through a pile for a piece of paper you know you have somewhere but it isnt there. Sorry I am late in visiting but life took over this week. Hope you are having a lovely week. With Love & God Bless, Caro x (#8)