12.29.2018

Winter Snow

 So, this weeks Free for all ( that comes out on Friday) is to create a Winter Thankyou card.. and I had to smile because, I made this card for June & Dale the day after Christmas and (the inside has the Thank you part of the sentiment) and I knew this was a theme I wanted to do more of.
And then on Saturday I seen the ways to use it was to do a Z (anything) card and one of the links happened to go to the Swinging Z fold tutorial. ( which I have done in the past and was OK with the steps turning out for me) so, I decided I would you know combine the challenges...
I like how the card turned out but, it did not want to be a thank-you note so... its just a swinging Z fold. (with snow) I did modify this from the tutorial to be a 6" square when it is folded closed. So I started with a 6" x 12" piece of cardstock that was scored at 6" in the center and then again at 3" on one of the 6" panels.

 what it looks like folded flat-ish and closed. the tab was done with a spellbinders labels 1 die the second size down from the largest in the set.

 The corrugate is from Die Cuts with a view it has some acrylic green & white paints on it.
The three snowflakes are all Sizzix dies, one is white corrugate, one is PTI vellum cardstock and the top is some recollections white glitter cardstock. The button is a craft one and there is some Hemp string tied in the holes.
I did use an Xacto knife to cut the shape from the fold instead of scissors but, there still was one goof so out came the scissors to distress up the edges slightly.
 what it looks like standing.

A peek at the inside, so when I was gluing the diecuts to the printed paper ( Basic Grey retired) I did line them up with the curves of the cut out on the front and ha, evidently I tilted it as I was tracing the die and never noticed until I glued this in at a slight angle. its OK I doubt most people will notice. but, If I had done it "straight" then it would peek out funny when the card was closed. That sentiment is from the Power Poppy Botanical tree set heat embossed with some SU pool powder. I did not mount this to a folded square cardbase and left it like this to free stand on the Z fold. You can find this tutorial here to try it. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: