12.07.2018

Inspired by { the Incredible Christmas Place}

This week Angie has sent us to the Incredible Christmas Place for inspiration where when I seen this Star Wreath I knew instantly that I had this IO star wreath in the un-inked stamps basket waiting. When I bought it my thought was to go Patriotic and do it Red White & Blue. 
Maybe Next time. 
 So, for the last few years I have done a series of custom cards for a man that lives out of the town where I live. and this year, he just asked me for these yesterday. So, this was the first one because, I had just finished coloring this Impression Obsession star wreath maybe 29 minutes before he asked and I knew it would be easy enough to cut the panel large enough to include one of his names on it.
In the past I have added his names to the cards on tags and let them dangle from ribbons and such and this time around that was pretty much the only request he made was he wanted the names flat on the design. So, I have a feeling that the majority of his cards will be on the flatter side this year. ( he mails them in batches to a couple of homes of his out of state family so, lumps like buttons are not an issue) But, I did make more of an effort this last year to keep my Christmas cards flatter than in the past since its so many things to be mailed at once. and that is shocking when they give you the total at the post office haha.  The printed paper on this is from the photoplay mad for plaid 6" printed papers pad and it finished out at 6" square in real life.

A closer look at the coloring, this was done with polychromos and prisma pencils. The star was stamped on some Neenah solar white with Versafine onyx black.

This wreath can be seen here in their store. ( its really 5' across in real life) which would be awesome on the side of our barn with twinkle lights added to it haha :) If you'd like to play along with us this challenge can be found here at SplitcoastStampers. I am hoping after I work my way through Earl's list that I will then start on mine. Maybe even this weekend, it's supposed to snow here again. cross your fingers for me & thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

This is so pretty Stacy! Can't wait to see the patriotic version. Nice to have repeat customers.