12.01.2018

December Dirty Dozen Christmas Tags

 Can you believe it is already December? I have no clue where the time goes anymore but, such is life. Today there is a Craft Fair hosted by the Local Ladies Quota Club at the fairgrounds here and Knowing that I have a neekid porch that could use some Holiday decorations... I dragged hubs down there this morning. In my head I wanted to find something like this. the word Joy ( or Noel) painted on say old distressed barn wood ( big enough to be a display piece on the porch)
The closest thing I seen was ( too small) and the neat thing about it was the O was a ring of red Jingle Bells. (the part that kept me from opening my wallet besides the size was the wood it was on was too perfect like smooth laminated press board perfect)
Since old and slightly distressed things appeal to me it was too "clean" for my porch... at any rate I kept thinking about it and then when I seen the December prompt for the Dirty Dozen Christmas challenge I knew instantly what I would do.


 I think if i were to do this again I would choose to cut the woodgrain paper the same size as the tag and then just trim it down. for these I used a Spellbinders Love stamp & die bible journaling tag set for the tag and then one of the "small" long rectangle dies (also from SB) for the wood print. The J Y & Wreath are from the Concord & 9th Joyful Noel set. the wreath was cut from some textured bazzill minty green color and then inked over with some bundled sage & tumbled glass distress Oxide inks. the red berries were done with a Nuvo drops.

 The center sentiment ( also from the same Concord & 9th set) was stamped with some Versafine Claire warm breeze blue, then cut with a Spellbinders labels 14 die. 

All in all there are 8 of these done. 4 are on smooth SU soft sky cardstock and 4 are on some textured Bazzill scrap. If you'd like to play along with us this challenge can be found here at SCS. Inside the special forum for fan club members. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Dandi93 said...

Great tags Stacy, love how you did the joys