1.02.2019

WOYWW#500 {stamp sorting}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 So, New Years day found my desk looking like this again, I have been sorting through cling mounted stamps and stamping them to blank sheets, laminating those and generally making a mess off and on through the holidays. before Christmas I told my self I wanted a clean desk, so before all the stamp things came out again, I really did clean and had a blank desk last week. in this shot you can still see all the heaps and piles that were on the file cabinet on the wall and the basket on the floor in front of those file cabinets was all cleaned up and put away.
 photoshop added more light to this so, you can actually see a bit of the corner of the room I stand in to stamp.  (with the wood panel walls it is actually more like a dark little cave in here on cloudy days) the box on the big shot is holding stamps on clear pockets with stamped sheets that are ready to be laminated and after this was shot, and those were put away. I did fill that box to over flowing one more time with just single large background stamps. I have been testing this, and the pockets will lay on their side in the dresser drawers the way the dvd cases did and you really can get a lot more pockets in the drawer than boxes. So, even though there are still heaps and piles of boxes on the floor where I am standing to shoot this shot, I am starting to feel like maybe the end is at least half way in sight now. I am finding things I forgot I had and that is distracting because, I want to play with them. so, I am making my self sort stamps every free chance I get to have this behind me and just have time to play again. Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy New Year Stacy! Hope it's a happy, healthy and fun filled one. I do love a good sort out, not only does everything look better but rediscovering old favourites is a joy!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I do love having a good sort out, and every now and again I change my organising system! Happy New Year, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Caro said...

I'm also in the process of sorting out although i havent plucked up the courage to tackle the stamps yet! Wishing you a Happy and Creative New Year. Thanks for Sharing. God Bless, Caro x (#20)

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. I wish you a very happy and blessed new year. My - you have been BUSY! Have you actually had any time off? Relaxing over Christmas? Doing nothing much??? It's all going to be great when you have done though. Well done for even tackling it all.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, Happy New Year and happy 500th WOYWW. It seems lots of people like having a sort out/organising spree in January. So we will all be fully organised and raring to go by next week lol. Have a lovely week Heather x #33

Helen said...

I have so much to sort out, I'd start and then lose interest... hope you have a happy and healthy new year. Here's to the next 500! Helen #2

SumBunneh said...

Happy 500 and Happy New Year!
I try to tidy my stamps but always get distracted and want to play with them instead! Having said that, I did spend a few hours checking my texture pastes and sparkle mediums were well hydrated. That was pure procrastination as I didn't know what I wanted to make.

Sumbunneh hugs,
Erika #35

Dorlene Durham said...

Happy New Year! I sorted through my Christmas stamps last year and found lots of "new" stamps. LOL I need to do that with my sentiment stamps now. Dorlene #31

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It;s always good to have a bit of a tidy up but in my case it never seems to last very long but you're right, you often find things that were long forgotten. Looking forward to another year of friendly creativity. Happy New Year and big hugs, Angela x16x

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy New year Stacy. I do hope you get to the end of your stamping chores soon so you can play again. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #12

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Happy New Year Stacy! I have promised myself to "use it or lose it" with my stamps this year, wish me luck. hugs from Kim #30

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Happy New Year, Stacy! May you be blessed with a wonderful and healthy 2019. I appreciate you sharing a photo of your craft room. My craft room looks similar, and I am trying to get it cleaned out. I donated many, unused SU wood mounted stamps to Goodwill in December, and I have more to go. Good luck with your sorting! Hugs!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs
http://stampingwithguneauxdesigns.com

Julia Dunnit said...

You are tenacious Stacy and I don’t doubt by now that’s you’re nearly there! My word, I’m super impressed and I know that feeling of just suddenly needing to get it done so you can go back to playing. You will be allowed to be epically smug when you’re done! Interesting that the files fit the same way as the dvd cases, I wonder if it will halve your storage needs? A very happy new year to you girlfriend, more of the same please! X

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Stacey, how quickly the week is going so I’m officially late. As it’s new week here Downunder already. I so agree re sorting that’s how I feel about my craft room. Think it’s a WIP ie a work in progress. Never really done.
Happy belated WOYWW 500.
Shaz in Oz.x #10

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}