12.09.2018

Custom Christmas Cards

These are the rest of Earl's Christmas cards he requested this year, the first was done for his grandson Eli and can be seen in this previous post. He asked me for these last Thursday with the intentions of picking them up Tuesday. 

 
The titmouse stamp here is from Serendipity stamps its colored with prisma & polychromos pencils and there is a bit of snowtex on the branches where the snow was drawn.


 A closer look at the snow. It took me to almost the end of doing this batch of cards for him to realize that the letters on the Concord & 9th perfectly penned set... you cannot lay them all on a clear block and stamp them like so, they have a halo around each letters so, if you want them to have that script calligraphy penned look. you have to do them one letter at a time. ( I thought I was doing good writing the names backwards hahahah)
 This one the angel is from Crafty Individuals. the edges were done with a krylon gold leafing pen.

 On the angel I colored her skin with copic markers and the wings with a clear wink of stella pen.

 This week's featured stamper is miss Vicki :) and I found this darling card in her gallery this morning and thought ah ha... :) because, I knew I had this stamp that has not seen ink for a while. 

She was colored with pencils and the skin is copic markers. there is both clear wink of stella and crystal colored stickles on the snow here.

 For his son The hero arts pinecone wreath was stamped with some olympia green versafine and I added polychromos pencils over the stamped lines and then added some snow tex and crystal stickles to the wreath too.

 A closer look at that. and taking a third look at the spelling on his name I may have to pitch this one and start over as his name may be spelled Jasson. not Jaason.


Since I am not really sure which way his name is spelled I decided to do a back up card just in case tonight as there will more than likely no time to make one tomorrow.

 This one I did the sky on the Elyzbells snowman landscape with a water based marker and a lot of water which got a little streaky & warped but, in my head it was going to finish looking more like a northern lights look haha. ( needs more colors for that but, I liked how it looked when dry so just rolled with it. )
 The snow and snowman have some white gel pen and clear wink of stella on them.
the star has some gold gel pen on it. and the trees and scarf were done with tri liner pens.

 The lady who is one of Earl's friends or neighbors that told him about my cards is receiving this one. she is retired from playing in an symphony orchestra and loves Music and Kayacking ( and snarky cards) but, Earl likes more traditional things so, I think since he is giving it to her this will work.

 I just got these sweet penguins from My Favorite things not too long ago and had stamped this one in smokey grey and colroed him with some pencils.
I kept adding more and more darker and darker greys trying to get him to pop and I think next time I will do it in black.

 Now this, is a previously made card seen here. For an Inspiration Challenge, So I decided it was too plain and its headed to a granddaughter that dances Ballet ( and Earl likes pink for her) so, I decided it needed more to the tree. added a star stamp over the top of the other star,scribbled some gold on it. and randomly dropped some ( dries clear) nuvo drops in soft blue and pink to the tree.


 a closer look at that.

 This one I outsmarted my self. this one was originally going to be a square card. I had the words and letters stamped in the bottom center of the printed woodgrain paper and then had the window (impression obsession) on a piece of  white Neenah, and I cut it out with scissors and told my self, just stamp one on the card where you want it to get the out of the box branches back... so far so good... only its a wood mounted rubber stamp, so I managed to off set it to the right and then trimmed the wood panel down and down until this didn't look so crooked and made it finish at A6 instead.
There is snow text on the branches and wood grain prints. the "glass" part of the image has clear wink of stella on it and the berries have some white gel pen and diamond glaze on them.


that's about it for now, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: