12.20.2018

VSN {so far}

Misti has a challenge to do a card based on a Christmas Carol ( no, not the story any music carol) so, since I had this Santa from Stamping Bella colored already I based mine on Here comes Santa Claus.


His skin was colored with copic markers and the rest is polychromos and prisma pencils. That sentiment is from the reverse confetti holiday gnomes set.


Sharon has a challenge based on the first Christmas and so, since these challenges have a time limit and I did not have any of my Nativity images colored in advance I picked this old one from Stampendous and just colored it barely barely so it would go quickly, the sentiment is from IO.


Jeanette has a challenge to include a poinsettia, and I had this old one from the SU a flower for all seasons already colored and that frame is a drop piece from something else I did a few weeks ago and the sentiment is one I cut last week when these dies arrived in the mail so, this was done very fast with everything already on the table. its only 4 1/4" square.

This was done for one of Ann's challenges maybe this one was for a Poinsettia? something, the whole time I was cutting papers for this I kept leaving space for a long skinny banner Christmas blessings and at the last minute I glued this square-ish one down instead. ( and I really dont like all those stripes being so big at the bottom.

This was previously colored with polychromos and Prisma pencils. Its an older stamp from PSX.



So, the next morning I pulled off the square sentiment and put this banner back where I started and I liked this one much better.


Ann has a challenge for the polar express so, you needed a child and a train. the Sm. Jonathan is an older stamp from Stampington & Co. that was colored with copic markers and cut out a long time ago. the train and tree are from an older Hero Arts monthly kit. I am probably going to give this one to hubs for this year as when he was growing up they always put a train that moved around the base of their tree.

This was done for Brenda's always winter challenge the snowflake pattern background (Hero Arts) was heat embossed on some Mixed media strathmore paper and has some oxide inks with water smooshed over that. the sentiment is from My Favorite Things.


Bev has a challenge about farm animals having a Christmas party in the barn, and since we have sheep and chickens in our barn, that is usually something I do have colored. this one is from Whipper Snapper and this card is only 3X3 in real life.


Now this is the part that makes it work for Nicole's challenge which is to take a goof and make it work, when I was totally done with the snowman and the snowtex had dried, I stamped this sentiment on, and it got blurry smeary on the right side, so I grabbed a scrap and stamped it again. and then when it was going through the big shot it moved a little and then it was crooked. such is life.
I used it anyways and made the words straight even though the diecut is slightly angled.
(it's handmade) they are not supposed to be perfect right? :) Oh, and this card was also inspired by this week's featured stamper Di, whose cards seen here I love every detail on.

And then Sue has a Pop up card challenge and so while I was making gift card holders I did this one which is 4 each 4" stitched circle diecuts from a Memory Box die that were scored at the 2" mark and glued together in a clock wise pattern, I did add a MFT stitched square in the inside center to put a sentiment on and then you fold it up the same way, one fold at a time, you want to keep the score lines outside of each other as you are folding so that you end up with a square so, since I do not do these that often I tend to play with mine a bit before I glue it all the way. and then I just tied it shut with some vintage notions lace and so when its untied it "pops" up. the Joy is a Pretty Pink Posh shaker die and I just cut it twice from the blue shimmer and glued it together to give it some stability.

I do not know if I will steal time to do any of the rest of the challenges but, this did give me a big push towards finishing what I needed to send out this year with some spares for next year.
thanks for stopping by.

No comments: