12.05.2018

WOYWW # 496 { a timelapse }

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

 Saturday brought an Black Friday order from Impression Obsession.
(in the back are some Christmas tags which can be seen here, and I had one extra wreath when I was done with those so, I turned it into the card seen below)
 like so, the falala and stamped sentiment are from Simon Says Stamp. this one is A7 in real life.

 and also on late Saturday night the featured stamper is revealed and I picked this neat card in  Jessica's gallery seen here and changed mine to Christmas and an modified upright design. those skinny birch trees are actually scraps of some pier 1 imports Christmas wrapping paper from last year. ( I do not know if they have it again this year or not I bought several rolls last year) That sentiment is from the Club Scrap holiday mail set.

 Monday brought some happy Black friday mail from Purple Onion Designs from the Stacy Yacula line. these are all so darling. and guess what I found out doing the index's for these... I stuck the stamps to the glass mat and placed the ink on them that way and then layed the cardstock on top of that instead of looking for a big enough block or getting out the Misti to ink those big stamps.
cool eh?

 Tuesday after work. I still have something like 4 more sheets of this cling foam in the closet, and so, after this was shot another 4 more sheets were filled with previously wood mounted sentiments and are awaiting cutting and sorting. I have a blister on my right index finger. so, it has slowed down that way. but, there is a plastic bin on the floor filled with wood blocks that have their stickers on them waiting for me to double check that stamp is in the evernote file already.

 Wednesday AM. I have a hole again on the desk so, I need to steal some time for the IC sample and then it will be back to cutting out stamps again. I have decided I am going to get these sentiments done. I don't know if I will get them all done before the end of the year but, that is the goal.
It is so much fun when you have a stack of the laminated cards all sorted and ready to go into the containers with the others. and yes, although I have a pretty good idea of what stamps I own doing this has really been an eye opener as far as how many stamps I really own lol.
I am ready to have them be dust free among other things too. All my bins of unmounted stamps have hand towels tossed over the tops of them. these sentiment have been coming off a bakers rack ( open) with upside down clear acrylic box frames on them like trays. ( which is a pain to clean )

10 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I too went unmounted a while ago. So much less space taken up, and I agree, I found stamps I'd forgotten about too. I didn't go with the foam though, just took them back to bare rubber, mainly. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh lovely cards Stacy, I love the sentiment about the night sky on Christmas Eve. Wonderful. I am super impressed that you have given yourself a blister in your unmounting works, and I do agree, the glass mat makes a monster block! I know what you mean about the rustiness, specially in the acrylic storage, but it’s not enough to make me turn to unmounting!

Helen said...

that's a big craft mat, and even more impressive, we can see some of it!! have a great week - liking all the stamps. Helen #3

Helen said...

just come back to reply to your comment - last Friday, at Kew; it was really mild - no shivering at all, though it did get chilly towards the end of the evening.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great cards and I love the sentiments too - I'm always checking out the night sky as I'm fortunate to live in an area with little light pollution so you can see lots of stars! You've been having fun in the sales, hope you have a great time using all that new stash this week!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, great collection of stamps. You look very organised too. Have a great woyww and a happy creative week, Angela x16x

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, that sounds like a mammoth task you have undertaken. I'm fortunate in not owning many wooden stamps being a relative newcomer. Sounds like you had great fun with the black Friday sales. Hope you enjoy all your new goodies. Have a lovely week Heather x #14

Darlene said...

aahhhh nothing like some new rubber to play with...enjoy
Darlene #27

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope the blister clears up soon Stacy. Your stamp storage is great and those are some fabulous goodies! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Well done - loads of hard work has gone into all that un-mounting! How did your booth go? I've been AWOL for the last few weeks...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1