5.16.2018

WOYWW #467 {banners, loot, & more}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
 
 So Sunday evening found me walking away from some pastel banners I had cut and piled up and I thought I would not have any time to play between then and now, and then.
 The mail came on Monday.. and I thought about this alot and I think I need to go on shopping restriction. because, there have been just too many good deals back to back lately. and so, even though these orders were placed in different weeks they all arrived the same day so, that part is a little bit of I think I need some time to just play with this stuff. instead of putting it away and ordering more stuff.

So I gathered up all the piles of new-ish stuff that has not come out of the wrappers or has come out once and were in the piles of new things to be played with and put them all in this basket, I want to make it an effort to use things from here first for the next little while. It shouldn't be too hard is the thought I like everything in there.

 So, with that thought in mind I did use the reverse confetti stitched squares die. ( you have to cut it twice to make a frame. the dies cut like below as stitching details. ) This is a tuesday evening shot, I tried the color combo challenge at scs. Those blue strips on the right are drop pieces from this coming saturday's IC sample that I am hosting I finally got one made, I did try another baby bunting card and ( I am not really ready to say its done yet, it needs something else/more) off to the left. and yes, that is coffee surly it was 7 am somewhere when this was going on. :)

and no, I didn't use any of the SU colors I just squinted at the shot online, the "desert" was to create a pocket card so, I took some stiff sinamay ribbon and folded it like a net pocket. The panels do not remove from the pocket though. That's about it for me thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, love the projects. I so know what you mean about too much stash at once to use & appreciate it. Like your idea for dealing with that, I'll try and remember it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz XxX #10

Helen said...

wow, much stuff to be played with ! I try not to put new stuff away (stamps, mainly ) till I've used them... sometimes they are hanging about for ages! guilty looks around... Happy playing when you get time! Helen #2

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Love those new goodies - especially those dies and the leaf stamp. Are my eyes deceiving me, or are some of them Christmas stamps? Very efficient! have a great deal of fun playing - erm... using! - everything in the basket.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a good idea putting your new stash in the basket, it means it's in your line of sight and will get used more! Your pastel banner is so pretty too.
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy. Nice new stash! That's where I'm going wrong ... I put it all away before I use it and then forget I have it! Maybe I need to get a basket and do likewise. It all looks very interesting. I have never seen that type of die you have used with the stitching detail. Very interesting! Have a lovely week Heather x #12

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I haven't purchased anything new in a LONG time, but I got a lot of wonderful goodies for my birthday. I think the challenge is to use what we have and appreciate it. You have gotten some incredible stamps and dies. I also like that card you created. And it's so pretty I realize why I don't make cards.

Happy WOYWW from #3.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Look, if there is a good deal you have to make the most of it....and t hat's the law Lol! Well that's my excuse any way. Happy woyww, Angela x23x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful created card Stacy, I love receiving new purchases through the post but have really put my foot down this year as I put my new stash away and many many stamps have remained unopened not seeing a sniff of ink for months and months. Have fun creating & Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
Tracey #5

Sarah Brennan said...

Nice loot Stacy! Love what you've already started doing with it. A good rule I think, make sure you use it before ordering the next lot lol. Happy belated WOYWW Sarah #9

Belinda said...

Hi Stacy! I want to hear how your new system works. Because I still have so much stuff that I bought (at a bargain of course) and not used them. It's insane but I do the same thing. I order more stuff. Lately, I have been slowing down because I have taken an interest in adult coloring books but then I guess you could say I just transferred the habit to that and have been buying a bunch of coloring books (on sale, of course). Perhaps we have to start a support group!! Thanks for the visit earlier this week.
Belinda #28