5.06.2018

Catching up with Featured Stamper CASE cards

 This has been a few weeks ago now, there was this Challenge one day to do a Get well card without commanding that result and then behind that there was a bugs life challenge and I had seen them and thought oh, those are good "do-able" ideas, and then what brought it all together in my head was coming across this card in Suzy's gallery.


The snail and sentiment are from the Unity Stamps set called Happy Snail Mail, this was colored with pencils and finished out at 5" x 7"

 I really loved the watercolored look to this Carta Bella leaf paper and did turn the scrap into a quick card one day. the Blessed dies are from Papertrey Ink and I did offset the darker green to be a shadow.

 Last weekend Donna was the featured stamper and I came across this card that I just love the open front design so, I had known that I wanted to do something frilly to use these Sentiments that Cheryl gifted me with last year and so, finally an idea happened. I did emboss and ink the connecting panel and it is a lot wider than Donna's design so, I ended up moving it to the front of the card.

 The Quietfire sentiment was heat embossed with pewter powder.

 Today's Featured Stamper is Connie and I have been peeking at Connies gallery from way back when she had it at two peas so I smiled and instantly refound this holly Christmas card she made a while back because, I love what she did with her sequins.

 I had some unknown mfg vintage sequins that are smaller than most of my modern ones and these fit the Penny Black antique holly image a little better than modern ones, but I do not have enough to do two cards like this so
Back into the box of sequins and out came some larger doodlebug ones that are translucent. ( I have to find the noel die I forgot who makes it) both of these cards are A7 in real life, the stamped sentiment is from Tim Holtz last year, either the SSS stamptember set of the similar set that was sold everywhere ( I have them both) anyways, that's about it for me thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy! I just LOVE your cards, and that snail is adorable! What beautiful coloring and a great layout! The second one really makes the DP pop with the "blessed" die. I love that too! And I'm so glad you enjoyed the Quietfire sentiment. I know you make so many cards and figured you'd enjoy using it. You used it beautifully with the frame and lovely colors. And wow, do I love the holly cards you made. Great CASE cards, sweet friend! Hugs, and have a great week! xoxo