5.18.2018

Inspired by {Victoria Bellas Carter}

This week we are being inspired by the artist Victoria Bellas Carter that works in tissue papers that finish with amazing textures. You can find the challenge here to play along with  us. 

 I loved every single thing I seen on her site and of course most of the pieces are sold. and the more I looked at them the more I thought it would be fun to play with tissue paper. I had thought when I first seen the piece I chose that it was lavender blooms and so, I ordered a lavender dies
made by Memory box. ( they have not been delivered as of yet ha ha)


 so, I had to make the dies I already own work harder. I grabbed these Penny Black Tall trees dies, cut them with dark green and then trimmed them with scissors.
I knew I wanted a blue sky background with texture and I had this piece already done with crackle paste from a while back so, I decided the colors were close enough.

 I had this piece of white gift tissue paper sitting in the scrap pile for months now, I had used it as a blotter for something blue a long time ago and I was going to do that tissue paper/ gold shimmer on the tops of the crinkles that I forgot what its called now but, it got buried by other scraps and I forgot about it, so. I crinkled it some more and rubbed on some faded jeans oxide distress ink over the tissue paper. And then drew liquid glue lines over the "bloom" part of the tree diecuts I had trimmed.

 And then just trimmed around the crinkly tissue paper loosely to give it a little bit of a floofy flower petals look. about this time I had decided that this needed a frame to hide behind so, I cut one of these (because, they have cool texture and they are new to my room so, I have not used them a million times already haha) and then I decided the frame needed a sturdy base as the mulberry paper was a good color with the blooms but, kind of flimsy.

So there is glue dots on the back side of the bottom of the frame and one in the center of the backs of all the blooms so they are a not glued down hard and flat in the frame.

 This sentiment is from the Pretty Pink Posh set called Thoughtful Greetings. I stamped it was some memento ink that looked closer to the blues used here than some of my better to use with clear stamp inks and it looks a little fuzzy to my eye but, maybe it will just say Artistic License to the recipient. ha ha.
A look at the piece I was inspired by, I did leave off the grass and leaf textures and left mine to be a little more CAS and textured. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: