5.04.2018

Inspired by {Grandinroad}

This week Julie has chosen Gandinroad as our Inspiration destination and I came home with the task of making a Happy Birthday Banner for a lady's granddaughter and I think that on paper or rather just chatting about something I didn't really think it through what this would require. (time and materials wise) there are 19 pieces to this banner with 4 layers of paper on each one. every single thing you seen was pretty much cut by hand in my big shot one at a time from retired dies from Spellbinders and Sizzix. The lady who asked for this is a cricuit owner/user so, I am sure she probably had no idea what this would take doing it all one die at a time. 

 From this angle you may see the twinkle of the wink of stella (clear) on the letters of Claire's name.

 I did re-use some of the prints and I tried to lay it out on the table as I was cutting things to try to spread the colors around. this lady wanted two banners with the happy birthday as a top and Clair to sit on a second one below them, so I felt like I should continue the mix it up for her name and make that a little different. the letters and mats are all cut from Neenah solar white and SU strawberry but, I did switch the dies.

 And then I had to laugh about photographing this for the IC.  I found this old baby dresser at a yard sale a few years ago and I had it in the back of my mind I would paint it someday when I have all the metal storage things I have collected painted... and I never did that. instead I went shopping and filled it up, so this dresser is holding stamps in DVD cases and thin metal dies. And this is a dedicated space I saved for photographing projects haha. (most things fit on the lace)

 These banners are the largest two sizes in the set from Spellbinders baby bunting set.

 The sheer ribbon is unknown, I did cut it to about 6 yards, threaded the top first and then trimmed off some extra probably a yard and a half of it maybe two yards for the name banner.

This was how I laid them out while I kept flipping back and forth to the store site to look at this bench cushion seen below. 


I don't actually have too many lose florals like this but, with as many pieces as there were I decided against making a floral background and decided to just squint at printed papers and pick them by colors instead.

I like the curves on this bench I think if I had a teen girl this would be cute at the end of a bed too besides in a garden. so I gave the white mats some scallops to mimic the curves. This bench can be found here at the store. I am still debating about adding some sparkle with the wink of stella pen to the happy birthday letters but, if I do that it will have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Susie Williams said...

Wow Chickie this is incredible. What a wonderful keepsake for a new teenager.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy, this is a beautiful gift for your friend and her granddaughter! She is going to LOVE it! Just love all the love that went into it, and what a wonderful way to photograph it. Love that dresser with all the space. So neat! What a fabulous inspiration card, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo