5.28.2018

More May Christmas Cards

I have been keeping up with Christmas cards this year ( so far) and the box headed to the school is looking good for a variety of things. I was thinking to make a stack of these trees but, the paper pieceing of them is I have to spend so much time thinking about the print and how it will look pieced that I have not made anymore of them  yet. 

 a look at it open. this is the Sizzix fold a long Tree die the sentiment is from Clearly Besotted. the printed paper is from MME. ( a year or two ago)

 how it lays outside of an envelope.

 closed. if you look closely at the lowest branch on the right side you will see where i cut a scrap to cover that last branch with the printed paper.

 closed.
 an look at the inside of the green tree.

 I did end up running one ribbon through both holes to tie closed instead of two ribbons on the flaps as shown on the dies packaging. ( that was too bulky for me)

 the corrugate is from DCWV. ( I have forgotten the other prints info)

 A look at the card open. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz.

 This is today's try a new technique challenge to try an "impossible" card. there is a quick video in the thread that shows how to. It is pretty simple the over thinking part comes along for me trying to wallpaper the cuts. this is a second attempt the first one I pulled apart and saved the image I had colored. ( I think I may try this twist as a tall skinny shape) this one is 6" square in real life.
 a closer look at the image. The woodgrain/holly print are the flip sides of the same piece of Tim Holtz ( last Christmas ) printed paper pad.

A look at it tilted up to read the Altenew sentiment.

 The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions. I had picked up this package of premade glitter card bases from Micheals last month and opened the box to play with them, at that time I had this tree scrap sitting on the table and liked the colors together so, this was just an easy one using a pre stamped sentiment and some vintage ric rac.
The funny thing about these glitter cards is, there is glitter on the back cover too. ( I have seen cards pre-made before where only one side has glitter so, this was interesting and unexpected when I opened the box)

 I know this embossing folder is from Anna Griffin, and I did ink the folder before I pressed the kraft cardstock through it, but I do not remember what they call that. the sentiment is from Mama Elephant and this one is A7 in real life.

No comments: