5.31.2024

Inspired by {Patti J Good designs}

 This week Julie has chosen the Patti J Good designs site and pinterest boards, and I kept having the red and white ticking fabric shapes catch my eye, I had seen Christmas trees ( like what's seen here) and Hearts... so,I was really surprised to not find any ticking fabric type printed papers in my stash. Seems like all the "country" things you can find easily at the moment lean towards Ginghams. 

I knew that to get a cluster of trees into a container I needed something skinny so, I used both sizes of the Stamp Market Holiday trees die set to get a variety of heights and then used the same print from Maja Happy Christmas twice ( the larger stripe is from a 12" sheet and the smaller scaled one is from the 6" pad size) the others are scraps that I don't know anymore who makes them.


 The Containers I have I decided this wooden toolbox die from Impression Obsession would hold a cluster of these tall trees and still show off their stripe patterns so, I cut it with some scrap ( I've had this 20 years I think) crackled wood print and then cut it twice so that the bar at the top I could wrap one around the behind the trees at the top for some depth. The sentiment here is from the Lili of the Valley Grungy Christmas sentiments set, the trees were painted with watercolors and I used a stardream gelly roll pen on the stars. The ribbon here is unknown and the base is some textured bazzill that finished out at 5" square. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: