5.23.2024

A catch up post

 a few weeks ago the featured stamper was Sioban and she has this Fishing card ( seen here ) That I thought it was pretty cool how she did the line/pole out of the box. and I had been poking around in my people stamps so, I grabbed these really old Stamping Bella fishing people and decided to mask them together into a closer space.


I did start water coloring them even though they were stamped on some Neenah solar white to see if they would look good scale wise together. 


The sentiment here is from Art Impressions and then the happy anniversary is from A Muse. The panel I did use a stitched die to cut it out with and then distressed the edges of all the mats to make changes from her card. the ribbon trim on the side is an old Christmas one from either Joann's or Micheal's. ( I never remember that kind of thing sorry) The green textured base is Bazzill and this one finished out at A7 in real life. 

I don't really have any people cards finished on hand so, this is one that also got to come out and play its from Kaly Cole stamps and its stamped with some Versafine morning mist on textured Arches cold press watercolor paper. and it didn't stamp perfectly so, I figured painting it would fill in the blanks and your eye would skip over those spots. 

I just kept the stamp out so I could kind of guess what parts were what.


I ended up using that generic stitched scallop frame embossing folder on him, and then used scissors to take off the parts that fell outside the stitched lines. the wood grain print here is from the Crafts consortium pad and this one finished out at 6" square in real life. there are no words on this one. 

a little bit after this there was a clean and simple challenge to use splatters and I thought well, why not. I had seen before that there were some really cute Chicken cards moving through the gallery at SCS for the featured stamper challenge that particular weekend but, when I opened my chicken stamps drawer I was curious to see if these would work together in a scene scale wise. 


I had gotten the wing of the excited chick too close to the package being delivered via airmail so, I did cut a couple extra wings from a scrap and added grey paint to them for shadows and implied feathers.


A few more layers of paints & splatters this one turned into a Hen Party card with the Stamping up its a sign greeting added on. not sure how "clean" it is but, I did link it up to that week's challenge. 

The Inspiration that same weekend went to a Liz Marie blog and I kept looking at all the mug shots of white washed ship lap walls with black framed mug shots and such. ( they were arranged differently every time they redecorated kind of a blog) here's a pin from them. I think that is so interesting but, I don't want to dust all that in my house so, that makes it more fun to build cards jump started by things like that in my head I guess. 

It was really hard in my head to edit it down, what I needed was an graduation card for my second oldest nephew's oldest daughters highschool graduation and I am guessing this should have arrived there by now. the wood grain print is from the same Crafters Consortium pad and the black frame was cut with Reverse Confetti stitched frames. the sentiment & hat here are from the Unity Stamps Snarky Graduation set. also cut from that same stitched square set. this one was 6" square in real life. 

In the end of April there was a weekend when Jenn was the featured stamper and she ( her Mama is a retired Nurse) so, she has a lot of Nurse cards in her gallery and I came across this one.

And I decided I could use that as a jump start for this one. The gal here is from My Favorite Things and She was colored a really long time ago. ( I had the envelope of colored people on the table during VSN and it was still out and I had seen the pile of nurses in it) I never used any of them as I didn't like how they turned out with the pencils so, I did add some watercolor paints over the top of the pencils on her.


  I changed the type of stitched framing I gave her, and instead of scalloped mats I gave her busy printed papers. Made the base Square, did add some Stickles glitter glue to the shoes and stethscope and clipboard as a nod to all the sparkle on a few of Jen's and The sentiment here is from Unity Stamps work of heart set. 

Way back in April Beth was featured stamper and I came across this card in her gallery. And at that same time I had received this sentiment stamp designed by Lisa Hindsley as a free gift from an online seller. ( I buy quite a few used older stamps online) and it was out while I was coloring this gal from the Old SU set called stamping fun for everyone. Changes were made to the mat switching it to a frame that went up on foam pop dots. I was going to make her gloves white, but some of the paint bled onto one so, they became purple. When I did this, I had added a tiny puffy heart sticker to the sentiment banner as a nod to those butterflies but, it fell off between the table I made it on and the dresser top where the shot was done. I really  had not even seen that. its funny how photographing things makes some things more obvious than just looking at them does. ( for me anyways) That's about it from me. Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: