5.31.2024

Dirty Dozen { June Christmas Challenge Prompt}

 I have been shuffling through my drawers of old Santa Stamps just because, the art on those old stamps is so inspiring to see and it makes me smile.

I decided I wanted to start trying to color one of the old Santa stamps for this month's challenge. And so, this one (Stamps Happen Santa with Tree) was stamped with some Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink on some smooth Arches hot press watercolor paper and then I started in adding layers of watercolor paints. ( mostly Daniel Smith and some Windsor & Newton.) 

I did end up trimming that panel down with a Crealies Cross stitched rectangle die and I only taped it on one side so, it wiggled in the bigshot and out came more scraps and vintage lace to cover up one side of the panel. The sentiment here is from the Lili of the Valley Grungy Christmas sentiments was stamped and painted and inked and has a bit of stickles glitter glue on it from hmmm sometime last winter. I have a little envelope of them I did when the stamps arrived last year. it has a foam pop dot under the right side so it sits level. The stripe printed paper is from Authentique and the base is some textured Bazzill. This one finished out at 6" square in real life. All the brown on the edges are from a Distress Oxide vintage photo pad and my foam circle decided it no longer wants to stay stuck to the tool handle so, it plopped on one side and then I had to you know increase the brown on the edges more to even it out a little. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us and get some Christmas done ahead of time you can find the prompt here in the special forums set aside for Fan Club Members. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: