5.04.2024

Inspired by { A cup of needles}

 Way back earlier in the month Julie had picked the cup of needles for the Inspiration destination and I knew I had an embroidery hoop die from Sizzix so, out it came and I did a couple of cards inspired by their pinterest boards. ( seen here


The insert of the hoop was stamped with an SU canvas background and then pierced with an Ellen Hutson Piercing plate and then when I put it into the Sizzix dies, it pierced it for a second time ( so it's extra textured) I used some Daniel Smith metallic watercolor on the metal parts. the scissors are a die from the Greetery's noteable die set. I did use an tiny recollections mini brad to hold them together. That shiny gold paper is from a Tim Holtz pad. 

The sentiment here is from the Gina K Designs Nana's needlework sentiments set. the pink lace is not vintage. The tiny crochet blooms my mother in law made for me a long time ago and there are some mini brads in the centers of those. that floral paper is from Anna Griffin and the base is some textured Bazzill. This one finished out at A7. 

I needed one more card for Mother's day and I thought if I kept it more simple it would look a little more like what is on the collection of pins so, the same sizzix die was used but, I stamped the center piece with a SU linen background and did not pre pierce it. I did use wood grain printed paper to cut the frame part and then used some DS watercolors for the metal clamp part.


 I thought that lacy looking doily had a flower look to it and it had a similar vibe to me as all those stitched blooms. the center of this has a wooden pony bead on it ( it came that way) and according to the PO that makes this a package to mail, so this simple card costed just under 6.00 and that has me looking at the rest of these flowers I have thinking to remove those beads from them. ha ha. The sentiment here is from the Simon Says Stamp Mother's day zingers set and this one is 6" square in real life. That's about it from me, Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: