4.30.2023

May Dirty Dozen Christmas Card

 It's that time again, the first of the month when the new theme rolls over for the Dirty Dozen Christmas card challenge. You can find this month's prompt here in the special forums set aside for Fan Club members at SplitcoastStampers. 


I have spent a many a happy hour looking at and for old retired Penny Black stamps on line the last few years after I realized they were not selling the old stamps anymore or any stamps on wood blocks. This one is "Santa Club" #1238K from 1998. It's my most recent one to land on my table here and It just makes me smile to see. I did stamp it with some Versafine morning mist on Arches cold press watercolor paper and painted it with Daniel Smith watercolors. and a bit of white gel pen on the button holes and black and white places.  This panel was cut with a Studio Katia Darling ribbons & dotted frame die. The sentiment here is a reverse printed one from Simon Says stamp. the gingham ribbon is from May Arts. the red crinkled paper is from the paper studio and its finished out on some textured white bazzill at 6" square in real life. Just a simple one. there are so many shades of red on this that it really did not photograph well. I have a harder time shooting digital red's than any other color so, its not so contrasting in real life. That's about it from me, I hope you are all continuing to do well. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: