5.02.2023

Watercoloring loose birds

 This week Kia has chosen this video on 5 little birds from Diane Antone studio seen here on YouTube

 I did watch the whole video then started the simple sketch which turned into 3 birds from me.

Although I have seen pink birds on pinterest it's not really something that comes easily to mind to me so I decided to just go bright, with green, yellow blue for the colors. the branch got a little thick at the end and that was an Oops so. 


Second layers of paint. 

a little more details added to the faces.

some splatters and more twiggy looking to the branch which was still a little off so, more paint followed over the days after that until I came home from work this afternoon and so this is where I stopped.


I do like the curve to the main branch but, the thickness of it at the end still bugs me and adding all the extra branches really didn't help. I also decided to add some white gel pen dots to the eyes which were a little big for the scale of their eyes and a little bit of darker shades of the paints on the top of the heads and sides of the birds bodies. Is it still loose? I don't know. If I had to do it again I would seriously try for a skinnier branch. That's about it from me, If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to do so. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: