4.07.2023

Inspired by {Dans le Lakehouse} pinterest boards

 This week Kia has shared the link to the Dans le Lakehouse boards and site and I had not looked long when I chuckled to see a "backyard Chickens" boards where I seen this floral chick and it had to my mind a folk art vibe going on. And that made me think of those old folk art paper chickens Michelle used to do on Splitcoaststampers a long time ago. ( I have done this before ) and I thought the shape of the bird would work doing it this way. 


 So I started out free handing a bird shape from memory. ( all those links you see above I hunted down after the fact because, by the time I had gotten this far with it from memory I knew the bird was off a little but, could not remember why. I kept tinkering with the idea of adding "straw" under the belly. and then after I shot this. ( the panel to the right is what was glued on the inside) I realized looking at the old chicks that the hearts for the chin and crown of the head were missing. but, at this point I also had the eye and beak glued on so, I just worked around that. 

And finished her out like this. Both of those sentiments are from Art Impressions done with some Acorn Versafine ink. The heart wing is from an old yellow Sizzix originals primitive heart die and the small ones on her face are from a Mama Elephant frame set that had a heart and the Ellen hutson primitive hearts set. This is A2 in real life. the woodgrain and dots are scraps and the textured brown is tea stained leather from Hobby Lobby. the lace is vintage and then I had to laugh as one of the original chicks has that same lace on it. I thought the loops played with with the dots that were chosen for color more than shape. But, I intend to give this to hubs hunting buddy soon and he has mentioned in the past when I have done floraly things for him they are not real "manly" so, I figured aqua dots were a better choice than flowers. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Happy Good Friday & thanks for stopping by.


No comments: