4.18.2023

Watercoloring simple landscapes

 This week it's my turn to host the Watercoloring on Wednesday challenge at Splitcoaststampers and I have chosen this duo of simple landscapes from MarenaArt as I loved the lavender field one.


what I loved most particularly about this video is how she did her sky in them. ( first round of paints wet)

second round of paints, and at least the sky shows up better dried I had worried I did it way too diluted to get any texture while it was wet.


I really thought oh, there is not enough paint on it during the second shot as I glanced at the phone so, I did immediately put on another layer and first round of splatters.

and some white bleed proof white splatters and then I thought oh, the front hills should have more green to them so, that received another swipe of paint also.


I did manage to get some of the splatters in the sky oops. 


But, I also really liked how it turned out even with flower splatters in the sky so, I trimmed it down and mounted it to some SU blackberry bliss. The sentiment here is from Impression Obsession stamped with monarch versafine and die cut with a labels 8 die. This one is 5 1/2" square in real life. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: