4.28.2023

Inspired by {great big canvas}

 This weekend Ardyth is guest hosting the Inspiration challenge and so, I punched in flowers and I found these really loose watercolored poppies. And I thought that would be a good challenge for me as Loose painting is something I have to work at. So, when I went to do it, I cut a sheet of Arches cold press cotton watercolor paper to 6" square so I could have some wiggle room and I had some big brushes on the table and left over paint in ( all the palettes) so, instead of red poppies I did change the color to a more pink-ish shade. 


I used a size 16 round, a small mop brush and a size 1 script for the stems, This is first layer of paints.

got it wet again and added another round of paints ( Daniel Smith)
and again, more paints with some more splatters. the white is Bleed proof white from Dr. PH martins. I did when this was dry run it through my big shot for a while to try to press out some of the curves it got drying just laying on the table. I think this is going to become a Mother's Day card so the sentiment will go on the inside. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers.


No comments: