4.15.2023

Inspired by {Belk}

 This week it's my turn to host the Inspiration challenge and I landed on the collection of pins from the Belk Store. ( they have one of these in the mall where J lives & it is a nice dept. store) 

at any rate the lady who needed custom car thank you cards a while back also needed a housewarming and a Coastal Vacation thank you cards so, I seen this plaque inside the Store and thought ah ha. 

and when I started digging through my home stamps this old one from Stamps Happen caught my eye. 

So I stamped it twice once on watercolor paper and then again on some printed lacy looking paper and cut the center out with scissors as the ivy border just did not want to stamp perfectly on the lumpy wc paper so. I did use the color index sticker on the block as a jump start and I realized after while the paint was drying this has a lot of pink on it. So the browns are in the printed Basic grey paper and the close to cocoa cardstock that has a bit of a pinkish tint to it to my eye. I did trace around the sentiment with a micron pen and the congratulations is going on the inside. This is A7 in real life and the challenge is hiding here if you'd like to play along with us. 

Her vacation card I ended up making off of next week's IC  and so you will see it soon. and then after she was told those two cards were ready she needed one more for her old Conductor who is receiving an apple award soon. This one the congratulations is from Tim Holtz, and the music notes are from an old Sizzix originals green die. This one is 6" square in real life. the request for this one was just music on the cover and congratulations. the thing that gets me about this Darice embossing folder is. ( I do not read music by the way) it looks like it has notes right side up and upside down on it. and I cannot tell if that is supposed to be that way or if its just one of those artsy things. Anyways cross your fingers she likes these I did this coming home early with a headache and have no time to re-do it. I hope you are all doing well, Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: