7.31.2022

Dirty Dozen August Christmas

 It's that time of the month again, and the Dirty Dozen Christmas challenge prompt is up here inside the special forums set aside for Fan Club members. I have a very loose thought about this months prompt so. I decided to focus on just one of the words. Pink. It's not something I do a whole lot of for Christmas. After I made that decision I decided to do a flower. ( of course right) well, actually in advance I thought I was going to use the little boy from that old old Stampin' Up set where he is laying in the snow making a snow angel. ( and I could not find him ) So, switching gears as I was down to the last minute to get my sample done I came across this old Penny Black brushstroke Poinsettia and thought it would paint up quickly. ha ha. 


I stamped this with Simon Says Stamp barely Beige ink on some cold press Arches paper and it got most of the image but, not all of it, so I ended up add-libbing what I thought it should look like and after a few rounds of paint the shadows, crevices really were not doing what I wanted them to so, I am leaning towards taking a pencil to this in the morning when I can see it in the day light. The polka dot print here is from my minds eye and the base is some textured Bazzill. the ribbons are from May Arts and Offray. This one finished out at A7 in real life. I hope you are all doing well and staying cool. Thanks for Stopping by.

No comments: