7.26.2022

Watercoloring Loose cone flowers

 This week Brenda has found for us a tutorial on doing loose cone flowers. and I did watch the video on YouTube seen here


Then I proceed to sketch a pair of blooms in the lower right side of this piece of Arches hot press cotton paper. that pencil is water soluble. You can find one for yourself here at Amazon. If you sketch light enough you will not see the lines after. 


after first round of paint went on, and I realized that maybe a pencil that fades in the water is not going to get that sketchy look the video has. But, I keep going adding more paint and water. and some watercolor colored pencils. 


Like so, and more splatters and more paint and water trying to get the pencils to spread a little.

I actually have these growing in my yard as both a mauve pink version and some orange-ish ones too. so, I decided to go pink. This is on a base of Neenah earthstone and it's A7 in real life. I hope you are all doing well. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, Thanks for looking.


No comments: