7.19.2022

Watercoloring Tips for Light

 This week Linda has shared with us a quick tutorial on how to build layers of paint for the "light" to be there in the finished piece. You can find this tutorial here on YouTube.

It's also about the half-way ish point for Dare To Get Dirty. It's the 15th anniversary so, this year the challenges are open to everyone and you can find them all here at SCS. So, I decided to combine my Watercolored Viola's with Judy's Challenge seen here


First layer of faint paint on some Arches 100% cotton hot press paper that was stamped with Simon Says Stamp barely beige ink and that Personal Stamp Exchange Viola's stamp. 


Second round of paint dried on the image. 

The step where I combined it with Judy's challenge and I did use Daniel smith paints for this rather than ink. So, it "kinda" worked but, when it was dried I decided to take a brush and smooth it out and add a little more detailing to the soil. 


The painted panel was cut with a Spellbinders hem stitched rectangle die ( love that one) This is up on foam tape above the base and I added at Gina K. Designs wishing well sentiment to one of the scraps. I think this will make a nice birthday card for my MIL this year. You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful, Stacy! Inspiring!