5.31.2022

Watercoloring { A dragonfly }

 This week Kia has shared with us this dragonfly water coloring video that takes place on fast forward mode. I had seen the lady had traced a dragonfly image into her painting and so I felt perfectly free to stamp one for my sample project. 


I stamped this Peddlers Pack dragon fly with some Adirondack mist on Arches hot press and used this silcone brush end to apply the Daniel Smith masking fluid over that. 

First layer of paints ( wet ) the white is Dr. Ph. Martins bleed proof white, mostly Daniel Smith watercolor paints with some Holbein shadow green.


Third layer of paints 

When I removed the masking fluid. ( I had tried to leave a little space for the paints to flow through the wings since they should be see-through ish but, I probably could have left a lot more space than I did.I also seen that I could not see the stamping ink for the veins or details of the stamp anymore so, all the detailing on the finished painting is just guess work. 

trial veins and such. I think the eyes look a little goofy but, for a first try its not too shabby.

even though this was taped down it did warp so, I left it being pressed inside my big shot while I went to work on Tuesday AM. 


The pressing it was a marginal fix so, I ended up mounting this to some textured Bazzill with foam tape to help make it a little more "flat". You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: