5.27.2022

Inspired by { Lady Yard }

 This week Amy has shared with us this Lady Yard site where I came across this vase in the storefront and decided it was just the push I needed to finish painting this poppy that I had started a long time ago. I had stamped the Poppy Background ( Sweet n Sassy stamps) with vintage photo distress on some shinzen textured watercolor paper and started out with the first layer of paint as some shimmery watercolors that June had gifted me with that I keep at work) and over time I started adding more Daniel smith over the top to deepen the colors and the shimmer still peeks through from behind it which is interesting. 


So, I cut this out with scissors and used a piece of textured burgundy/brown ish cover sheet that I no longer remember who makes it and then found a shimmery textured satin trim in the gold ribbons box. ( that is totally unknown to me too) The base here is some Neenah earthstone and this one finished out at A7 in real life. I left off the sentiment as I do not know how I want to use this just yet, but I suspect it will end up being a birthday card eventually. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: