5.03.2022

Watercoloring a Red Squirrel

 This week Kia has shared with us a video tutorial about painting a red squirrel with watercolors seen here on YouTube.

So, the first thing I did was I did print out the sketch and if you just hit print without say tinkering with the file you will get a full sheet sized squirrel.


 So, I had come across a little packet of Fabriano? watercolor paper in the closet. and it looks like its something I chopped up to A2 size years ago and I assumed I was going to remember the details haha. but, It has an interesting textures so I pulled out a sheet and used a water coloring sketch pencil to try to duplicate what I seen on the print out. ( I didn't realize I did not sketch the flower until I got to the part where you would paint it ha ha) 

And I added a first layer of paint and then set this aside to dry to go watch more of the video. 

and so this is second layer of paint and it sat like this for a week or so, and then I did end up adding just a little more shadow type layers and paynes grey blue to the eye and fingers toes nose type places. more splatters just because.

I really could not decided on a sentiment for him so, I decided to run it through the big shot inside a blanket stitched rectangle die from PinkFresh just to give it some interest and then added a piece of printed wood grain paper from the Craft Consortium pad and funnily enough there are a lot of similar colors to the printed paper as the painted layer. The base is some textured Tim Holtz Coredinations and this one finished out at 6" Square in real life. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: