11.23.2021

watercoloring a winter scene

 This week the water coloring tutorial is doing a winter landscape with people walking through the snow down a tree lined path/road. I traditionally start making my own to mail out Christmas cards on Thanksgiving weekend and I looked at this and thought, OK a lot of people will have the long weekend to play around with this perhaps. The tutorial video is on Youtube here.


 So this was first round of paint late on Sunday night while it was wet.

I did pick up some new masking fluid ( Daniel smith kind this time around) and it was more liquid like for using.


 

next layer of paints. I had used the Indigo & burnt Sienna from QoR paints and the Moonglow from Daniel smith. The trees are a mix of Indigo & burnt sienna and after a while I added some Daniel Smith Sepia to the mix. the white gouache is from Windsor & Newton. 


After the masking fluid came off on Monday night. I did add some white gouache splatters here. 


an angled shot, the sentiment is from the Tim Holtz cozy Christmas set. it's stamped with Versafine on the drop piece of Neenah earthstone. 

The watercolor paper is some strathmore 400 series as I had tore my room apart on Sunday afternoon before I started this painting and I hid my paper trimmer from my self, so this was off a sheet that was maybe 5X8? I tried to tape it down a lot so that it would fit an A7 sized card front. ( which it does) the painted panel is up on foam tape. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW this is truly beautiful I'll go to the video thank for sharing.

Leslie Springer said...

Love your water coloring