11.09.2021

Watercoloring Baubles

 This week the watercolor Wednesday challenge is taking a look at this  30 days of winter video seen here on you tube. I really didn't think much of the fact that the temperatures have dropped quite a bit here in the last 36 hours and normally I struggle to keep my paint from drying out so I can move it and now I am in the holy cow who knows when it will dry zone.

I am not really a circles person and I do not have that many tools that make them so, I did find this stencil to trace through for my ornaments. and this shot is a first layer of paint with table salt drying on it. 



Same time frame closer look. you can actually see the salt this time. ( most of the time its impossible to catch when I shoot it with a cell phone) 

after that was dry I did add two layers of white gouache over the ornaments and then some of the purple/blue/black shade for shading on them and the hangers and cords. when that was dry I did try doodling over the tops with two different signo white gel pens. it really did not work very well it skips a lot on mine. and then that was kind of Hmph. in my mind. ( I really don't doodle much) and so then I decided to add some sparkle gel pen which had better coverage on the lumpy cotton watercolor paper. 

I am debating about if I want to tinker with adding more paint to this before it becomes a card or tag front because, it faded quite a bit when dry and does not seem to have as much drama as the sample in the tutorial video. At any rate, if you'd like to play along with us the challenge is here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: