11.05.2021

Inspired by { ruggable}

 This week we are taking a look at Ruggable for inspiration, which I have to tell you whenever there is a site destination that goes to a home goods type store I tend to look at rug and bedroom linens first before the rest of the site so, this was interesting to me that their rugs are washable without the bulk. I stopped looking when I came across this water colored herringbone pattern rug as that was just too easy. Yes, I frequently make things harder then they have to be, you know what I mean? 

 I started out by stamping the Concord & 9th Herringbone background stamp with Memento Nautical blue ink on some Arches 100% cotton watercolor cold press paper.  I did paint this with just one color of Daniel Smith Paint Blue Apatite Genuine using a Silver black velvet 1/4" square brush.

This is a view while wet, I did this while dinner was cooking one night and the light in the kitchen is good for cooking but, not so much for photographs.
 and while that was drying I started poking around in my envelopes of already colored images looking for something blue and came across this Snowman from Unity Stamps snowman to go set. it looks like it was stamped on some Strathmore wc paper and colored with waterbased markers and a white gel pen and a stardust gelly roll pen. 

 

The snowman was cut with a Simon Says Stamp stitched rect. die and the herringbone pattern was cut with the largest die in the Waffle Flower lacy squares set. 

The sentiment here was stamped on some Neenah solar white with Versafine Nocturn & is from the Blizzard hugs set from The Ton. I did use the SSS stitched rect set for cutting out this one too. The lace is vintage and the cardbase is some Bazzill that finished out at 6" square in real life. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: