11.30.2021

Inspired by {The Jolly Christmas Shop}

 Last weekend Amy had us looking at the Jolly Christmas shop where I came across these chickadee ornaments and decided to use them as a color cheat sheet for these Penny Black birds cut from some Strathmore 400 series watercolor paper.


These have some Daniel smith watercolors on them. and eventually I added some silver to the highlights on the berries. 

one thing about this, the colors are all wonky. that is on Neenah earthstone cardstock. the frame is a My Favorite Things frame and the two on the left have some white gouache "snow" splatter as the liquid glue I used on the branches decided to leak a little and although it dries clear it also dries SHINY. so.. I eventually added snow splatters to the ones on the right but, I never got around to photographing that. 

My space is a wreck at the time this was shot so the table top with the over head lights was about all I could get to. You can find this challenge here to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Pretty cards - love the bird and the branches look wonderful! Hugz