4.28.2021

WOYWW # 621 {again}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
So, the window is not in yet. and I have been cleaning and putting things away and had the bright idea to drag that big rolling cart that is usually at this end of the folding table I stamp on to over by the window to see if it will fit next to the baby dresser that holds some stamps and dies that I use as a flat spot to shoot photos of finished things and since its on wheels it will not be a big deal to drag it back out of the way for them to work on the window. And Izzy is supervising. one thing is different from this view. What feels like a million years ago, we received a book shelf from hubs grandma's estate and I had it turned around backwards under this side of the table where those suitcases are stacked and it held just the two top cases which contain finished cards as those are two of the cases that go to the schools craft bazaar in the fall. And I had hubs take it out of the space and put it into the someday we will really have a yard sale pile in the barn and that gave me the space to stack a bunch of the other suit cases that were under the window next to the dresser for a long time that got drug down to below the other window when I moved  that altered bakers rack to sit next to the dresser in the window last year some time, well. that is not working because, moving things around I seen that even with the curtains closed on that side, some of the plastic iris project case boxes are turning yellow tinted and so, that had me re-arranging this space off and on. the rack is now where the sofa table I sit to color on was, that table moved to behind this love seat. and the table that matches the coffee table has been drug around the corner to the back side of the wall of the stair case. the good news about that is, it gives me more counter space with a plug in on the wall so, the intention is to get the things that plug in out of the closet and be able to be used on that table there. ( I will take more photos when the window goes in and I get it more the way I think it will work when the dust has been cleaned up)
 

 So, sometime last Wednesday after that post, I started watching the video for the watercolor challenge and it ( can be found here) and decided to give that a whirl. the one on the left was the first one and doing it landscaped view I felt like I did not have enough room for the sky and water so, I tried it again in a portrait view and I was really tickled to see there was a rigger brush in that set of brushes I had gotten in the mail a few weeks ago. I had better luck with the grass using that skinny little brush than a round one. DS has arrived and we are enjoying this time together a great deal. That's about it from me,  Thanks for stopping by & I hope you are all doing well and stay safe out there :)

12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, your watercolours are fabulous, you’re so clever! I must have a go at landscapes and try and extend my repertoire a bit, lol! That’s a fantastic room and you’re going to have such a good time changing things around, it always to get worse before it gets better!
HUgs LLJ 6 xx

Diana Taylor said...

Your craft room is fabulous - what a lot of space, and I love your stacks of trunks and luggage, what a wonderful vintage feel to them. Your water colours are amazing, you've got me wanting to reach for the paint brushes!
Have a great week,
Diana xx #23

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Somebody's been busy, it looks great. I'm sure you will find all sorts of things you had forgotten about when you've finished re. organising everything. Loving the watercolours they are beautiful. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

Helen said...

your paintings are so good! I love them - how clever. good luck getting the room finished and just how you want it! Helen #4

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

You have done well with re doing your crafty space. It just takes time and then remembering where that one thing is you need. I like the suitcases ! And your watercolor photos are great. Enjoy a good week Thanks for sharing your space. #24

Julia Dunnit said...

My word Stacey, there’s not much you can’t do is there, those watercolours are fab. I have gathered from what you said what a rigger brush is...I know no basics about such things!! The suitcases look great in the slot where the bookcase as, and I’m all for having the plug in stuff out on a surface. It makes you much more inclined to be bothered to use it, in my experience! Definitely one of the things I’m missing from my temporary desk position. Must be lovely to have your boy home, I’m counting the days till May 21st. First weekend after restrictions that prevent overnight stays are lifted (assuming they lift) and my gal will be home for a hug!

Neet said...

What a fabulous room, I am envious of those old trunks- I just adore things like that. I would love to sit and just dream in that room.
I am very impressed with your watercolouring. Not easy to depict water and I do like the way you have put the rushes in the corner to give it perspective - guess that comes from your knowledge of photography.
Hugs, Neet 2
Good luck with the competition

Sarah Brennan said...

Love both watercolours Stacy. It is so nice to see an alternative view of your space. Hope the sorting and reorganising goes well. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Lisa-Jane said...

The muted colours in your sea-scapes are beautiful - very atmospheric. I know what you meant about moving things around and then having to move again when you realise they don't quite work but it looks like you are SO close to finishing. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #5

Shoshi said...

Your watercolours are brilliant, Stacy! What talent. I love the look of your room. It sounds as if you are slowly getting things organised again.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

R's Rue said...

I love your watercolors. Great job.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Susan Renshaw said...

Your watercolours are wonderful.
And I am sure your craftroom will be fabulous when it is finished.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #17