4.21.2021

WOYWW #620 {elbow room}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

It finally happened, or maybe that is it is going to happen within the next week. The window on the west side of the room over the garage is being replaced. (the original farm house burned down in the 60's and the people who rebuilt in 1970 put in aluminum windows and the moisture travels up between the panes of glass so, crappy windows that the breeze seems to move through) at this point there are only 3 left to replace, this one and two more on the ground floor of the garage. So, that found me moving things off that wall where the window is which lead to actually putting things more away off the table.

 
look at all that space, then I had the bright idea to move my distress inks out of that spinning oak cassette tape holder that was on top of the file cabinets in the corner and put them on the table (maybe I will use them more again) but, after the Oxide inks came out, I stopped using but a handful of the regular pads and I am thinking ( since I have a wider range of colors in them) that moving them to the table will let them be played with more often. 

and the latest round of eBay finds have arrived a couple of precious moments kids and one more Santa Rosa house mouse.
I was smart enough to get my sample for the IC done last weekend before I moved things so, there really isn't anything to show on the desk mess wise at the moment. This has forced me to take a hard look at this plastic folding table I stamp on though and wish for drawers (again) so, at this point I am considering contacting a cabinet maker to make me a pair of slim depth drawers that could hold a table top or counter that would you know remain flat and not sag in the middle. as a stamper, the stability would be really cool lol. plus, I am tired of dusting things. even with the drop cloths that are over the bulk of the space when I am not using it or shooting mug shots of storage things the dust still gets through. anyways that is about it from me, ds's quarantine ends on Friday and he arrives home late on Saturday so, we get him for just shy of 2 weeks. :) (my "official" totally vac status is in effect on friday afternoon) what timing eh? Thanks for stopping by and stay safe out there!


8 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

I love the little white shelf you've got your oxides on and I agree about a non sagging table - it's a must! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #5

Crafting With Jack said...

It 9s such an upheaval having windows replaced, but you will be warmer afterwards. Dust does get everywhere unfortunately. Happy WOYWW and have a great week Angela #3

Helen said...

Hope the window replacement goes well. I love the House Mouse stamps, not used any of mine for so long! Have a good week - enjoy all those inks!! Helen #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I've seen those type of windows before, I'm sure they must have thought they were a good idea at the time. The stamps are very cute. Loving all the space on your desk too. You take care and have a very happy creative woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

Enjoy the time with your son Stacy - great timing on the vaccine status indeed. Love the mice at the computer stamp - such fun. Hope the window repalcement goes smoothly. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I hope you have a completely order fab time for those two weeks, this past year has shown us that nothing is more important than family!! I think getting a cabinet maker to construct exactly what you want is a great idea - you’ve done a lot of moving stuff etc, it’ll be good to get it back to how you want it!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Shoshi said...

Sometimes when you are forced to move stuff out of the way for work to be done, you end up being better organised in the long run! It all looks very efficient. Love your ink storage. I have never found a satisfactory method of storing my ink pads and they remain in a couple of Really Useful Boxes. It's a good thing I'm an expert rummager, isn't it. I hope the window replacement goes well.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #20

Susan Renshaw said...

Excellent ebay finds!
Good luck with the Windows installation!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #14