4.09.2021

Inspired by {Sara Burnet}

 This week Kia has the Inspiration looking at Sara Burnet's pinterest boards and one thing I noticed ( just recently actually) is there seems to be a lot of lacy see-through wedding gowns lately. ( who knows how long this has been going on, I live under a rock remember) and anyways I had to laugh at my self because, I tend to lean towards the neutral boards and I found this lace dress on the book pages background. That she had saved from a free people brand clothes ad.


 So, using that as a jump start I started with a cream sheet of printed K&Co. paper ( its really old ) and then I ran a piece of cream parchment paper through a Crafter's Companion Vintage Venetian lace embossing folder. a while back there was a challenge to rub a black ( dark) ink pad over an embossed panel and it was very WOW looking. which is why I now own a lace embossing folder because, that was what was used for the example. funny how that works right? at any rate I did rub some Linen avery elle pigment ink over the parchment and then went digging in my box of stamps for a a dress to use over the top but, this emerson American Arts Stamps one kept whispering pick me, pick me, so I did. I colored her with a combination of copic, water based & glitter gel pens. the top piece at the top is some kraft corrugated paper that had been previously painted with pale green acrylic paint and I used it to anchor the panels like the hanger for the gown on the sample. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: