4.06.2021

A silly thinking of you

 This weeks featured stamper is Cara Denise who has this pretty tulip collage card in her gallery that I used as a jump start for mine. You always need changes for that challenge so, mine has less layers and no embellishments. I did place the sentiment on the left lower corner as there was that cluster of butterflies there and I did add more water to this later when it was dry to get that dreamy look between the stems and leaves.

This card was requested by hubs for his older sister ( as they have always traded snarky sentiment cards for years) and he had seen this one ( Riley & Co. ) when it came in the mail a while ago. So, these tulips are actually a Penny Black stamp Tulip Queue stamped with that fade out ink on Strathmore 400 series watercolor paper. I did use that new set of paints from Mungyo again and used the same technique as the card before this one where it was supposed to be loose and abstract impressionist type style. So far so good on these new paints. I have not played with the brushes as of yet but, they rattle. when I pick them up the metal near the bristles rattles and that distracts me so, I probably should play with them soon but, I really need to clean off the table again first. Have been adding little to dots of color to the edges of my ink pads that are in holders so I can tell at a glance that that Adirondack pad that looks like a grey ish brown is really a pink ish brown kind of a thing. And I am feeling like I really want to just have a big purge let go of things that are not bringing me joy anymore too. so, we shall see. in reality that would be a huge undertaking to empty the closet to choose what would be allowed back into it again. Hope you are all doing well, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: