4.07.2021

WOYWW # 618 { a litle bit of this and that}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
So Monday's happy mail was this little roll of self adhesive dots from Amazon that I am applying ink to 
and sticking on the ends of the ink pads like so, ( see below) some are very misleading from the stickers on the top of the pad to reality. for instance the Ranger Adirondack Mushroom index sticker is kind of a grey toned brown on top, the reality has a lot of pink in the ink to my eye. I don't remember where I seen the dots being used but, it could very well be Jennifer McGuire's blog.

 

So, that little pile of DOX on the table when I got home Tuesday was all that was left to do here. and then the pads that had no labels on them written or stickers now have stickers also. My regular Distress pads are all on top of the file cabinet and I think are the only ones left to do unless I do the little tiny 1 square pads and cats eyes. ( not sure about that yet but, I have a few of them now that seem to come in card making stamping kits from either Hero Arts or Simon Says Stamp and I really do not play with them much so, I probably should at least open them up and get a color idea of them. I did find some big pads that were just ruined. ( one Avery Elle mermaid pigment pad the pad had turned into something that resembled a wet mushy marshmallow) tossed it in the trash. not sure I will replace it as some of the DOX are close enough color wise I think. and I really like the DOX best for just messing around with colors. a few of the old SU dye pads the pads are not disintegrating but, they are changing color in a strange way compared to the others. one looks like it has the measles with spots of colors across the pad and the other looks like shoot I forgot. The funny part is the ink colors still look OK. 

Miss Izzy is turning 2 years old today. we spend part of every day walking in the pasture behind the barn now that we no longer have sheep. Drought conditions have already been declared for the county I live in this year ( the only county in this state) and there have already been fires. So, not having to worry about how we will be able to grow grass to feed sheep is a relief. ( hay cost dearly during extended droughts) so, we had fed all we had on hand last year up until the time we sold the herd. 

"Snow" crocus has started peeking up in the flower beds along with Daffodils and lily of the Valley bulbs. but, the gophers ate the tulips again. *sigh* someday hubs is going to make me some metal cage bulb holder things so I can try tulips again.I tend to forget about asking him in the fall when I should be planting bulbs. who knows, maybe this year :) 

Oh, I did play with those new watercolors and there are finished cards in the two posts between this one and last weeks WOYWW that show them. SO far so good, have not played with the brushes yet, one of them rattles where the metal band is near the bristles when you pick up the brush and it distracts me. have not looked at it closely enough to see if maybe crimping it with a pliers or something would stop that.

That's about it from me. I will get my second shot friday afternoon and am looking forward to having it behind me. but, our news has been saying this particular shot ( Moderna) is only good for 6 months. So, it sounds more like it will be something that needs a booster like a flu shot every so often. Stay safe out there and thanks for stopping by.





9 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

I am still waiting for my second jab Satcy - I have had the Oxford Az so am fully expecting to have to have boosters at some point. Using the dots for the ink pads is a good idea. The only one I have had to throw out is the Perfect Medium pad which went mushy. I now stick to Versamark ink. Happy birthday and woof to Miss Izzy. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. A great idea using those little dots... must remember that one, as all my ink pads have the colours on the top - not very helpful!. I have only had my first jab so far - around 6 weeks ago - so still awaiting the second.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, I didn't know you used to have sheep. Miss Izzy is enjoying the space though. We're still waiting for our second jab and probably have a few more weeks to go yet but like you I'll be pleased when we've had it. We have had the Pfizer vaccine. I am sure we will all need boosters at some time like we do with the flu jab. Sending big hugs and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x17x

Caro said...

Wow...look at all those gorgeous ink pads and I love the idea of the dots to be able know instantly which is which. Miss Izzy looks very happy! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#14)

Helen said...

I don't get my second shot till June, and like Angela am expecting regular boosters. Rather that than the alternative though! I always meant to label my ink pads too, but never got round to it and it seems too big a task now! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Shoshi said...

What a great idea for labelling all those gorgeous inkpads, Stacy. I agree, sometimes the labels on things don't give a true representation of the actual colour. My Tombow Dual Brush Markers are a case in point - I've done a sample sheet which helps.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #20

Crafting With Jack said...

My second jab is in May. That’s a beautiful blue sky. When I first got my inks I read they were best stored upside down, since then I have read it doesn’t matter. So sometime I find my labels are upside down because I put the ink pad back right was up 🤣. Take care Angela #6

Lisa-Jane said...

Ink pads are their own brand of dark magic aren't they?! I know exactly the wet marshmallow look you are talking about. LOVE your lavender image. Belated visit but still, stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #9

Susan Renshaw said...

Excellent annotating of ink pads.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #19