4.14.2021

WOYWW # 619 {aftermath}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

So lets see, I did do the paint a lavender field challenge last Wednesday night ( twice) so what you see there was the first panel that ended up looking more like wild lupine than lavender to me, I have not made made the decision to toss it or use it yet so, its waiting for its fate. the card to the right of that was something silly from Monday after work and I kept trying to add a sentiment to it but, it was just not working out so, I shot it as is and put in the gallery like that. ( faded water colored stenciling with a twist of use a silhouette from the CAS portion) the little Precious Moments girl with the type writer came in the mail on Tuesday night and so. this is what it looks like today, which will all have to be picked up tonight since tomorrow is a driving all day day, and I really should make a sample for the IC. and what is in my head needs drying time I think.  The finished lavender card can be seen here.
oh yes, I did get the second Moderna shot last Friday afternoon and by bed time my arm was a little sore and then I woke up during the night with a slight fever that really did continue for just about 24 hours and a little bit of body aches but, not like really being sick because, you feel it but, its not that utter I cant go from the bed to the sofa and back type feeling its more like a cold in your bones thing. and by Sunday I was stiff from all the huddling under blankets I did but, otherwise felt pretty normal. whew. I really thought that since I only had a sore arm the first shot the second one would be more of the same. it was for my MIL. so, who knows. at any rate I still have to get the second shingles shot in a few more weeks and then I can just take a big breath and not think so much about the shots them selves. kwim? it will just be done.  in exciting news my son is back in the states from the last deployment and is quarantined & will be home when that ends. that is something to really look forward to. That's about it from me, stay safe out there and thanks for stopping by. 

12 comments:

Lindart said...

Hi Stacy! Congratulations on your 2nd shot! Still waiting for my first, no appointments available. I love the lavender card, perfect for Spring! Have a great week, Lindart #30

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think the lavender field is gorgeous!! You could cut it up and make two or three cards out of it, it’s really lovely. A few people have said they reacted after the second jab, hope you’re feeling better now. The promise of seeing your son will help you recover faster, that’s for sure!!
HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

Helen said...

Well done on the second jab and the news you will see your son soon is great! love the lavendar!! Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm late today as we've been sorting mum's second vaccination and hearing test so at least we've got that done. We've still got wait a while for our second one. Well done at getting yours. Beautiful lavender card. Have a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x17x

Sarah Brennan said...

Congratulations on your second vaccine Stacy. Sorry it was a bit rough, but better than the alternative by a mile. Happy that your son will be home on leave soon too. I like your first lavender attempt. It is really pretty. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Caro said...

Glad you have had your second shot - many people do seem to have some side effects so I am glad it wasn't too bad for you. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

Lisa-Jane said...

Lovely lavender card! There are definitely more side effects as we go down through the ages. Glad you are on the mend now. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my gosh, am excited for you to see your son, what a lovely way to have a first visitor or two! I love the lavender card, knowing you you’ll make something spectacular from it, so just give yourself walking around it time! I like the silhouette card, and admire that you knew to walk away from it rather than use the wrong stamp sentiment. So not what happens at my desk! Hope your driving around day day went ok, it must be pretty tiring.

Shoshi said...

Don't toss the lavender picture, Stacy, it's lovely! I think it's really pretty.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

Crafting With Jack said...

I like the lavender picture! You must be so pleased your some is back. Great you have had the second shot, ours is in a couple of weeks. Take care Angela #9

Susan Renshaw said...

The lavender look lovely to me.
Well donecon getting the second shot. Hope you are feeling better now.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #26

My name is Cindy said...

Sorry you had a reaction to the second shot, several people I know were worse for 2nd than first others vice versa. It is what it is I guess. Better than not having it IMO. Lavender looks fine to me!! Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindy #12